Bullnose Forums

Grease Gun

Machspeed

A couple weeks ago I set out one Saturday morning with intentions of servicing my ZTR lawn mower and truck. Part of that included greasing the pulleys on the mower and the front end on the truck. Progress ended with the grease gun and I must say, I was not at all happy. I could not get the grease gun to work, which led to a big mess with grease everywhere in an attempt to remove the old grease cartridge. After a few colorful metaphors, I cleaned up the mess, tossed the grease gun in the trash, took a shower and cooled off before setting out on a quest for a good grease gun. That was not my first go around with that grease gun either, which btw, was no cheap grease gun.

One of the first things I came across was a grease gun by Lube Shuttle. Below is a very good video on that particular gun. Every problem he mentions in this video, I have endured over the years with the conventional grease gun.

Eventually, I ordered this gun and it came yesterday. It's no cheap Chinesium product, rather German made. I put it to use yesterday on the mower and truck and it worked like a dream. Took me but a minute to load the grease cartridge and begin work.

Grease_Gun_1.thumb.jpeg.8ceff3c2b43496e873e6c586591f33d9.jpeg

Grease_Gun_2.thumb.jpeg.318cf074f4555f4d1e092b3e432c6168.jpeg

Thanks for the review. I have a Lubelocker fitting on my Lincoln grease gun.

One place the Lubelocker didn’t fit was in the driveshaft u-joints, which bummed me.

Sounds like a good grease gun.

John - Glad the gun and lube works for you. I think I'd like to go that way - some day.

On that LockNLube version, I'm a bit confused. Here's what the Amazon site says for how it works, with the highlighting mine. :nabble_anim_confused:

LocknLube_Fat.png.789c33de32767ba04217bf61da075590.png

John - Glad the gun and lube works for you. I think I'd like to go that way - some day.

On that LockNLube version, I'm a bit confused. Here's what the Amazon site says for how it works, with the highlighting mine. :nabble_anim_confused:

Good question, Gary! I didn't see the spring compression handle at the bottom so assumed it was a copy of the Lube Shuttle. Apparently Lube Shuttle still has their patent as the Locknlube gun is not the same. This video should clear up my posted misconception. It also makes me feel better about my purchase too, as they are not the same:nabble_smiley_happy:.

Good question, Gary! I didn't see the spring compression handle at the bottom so assumed it was a copy of the Lube Shuttle. Apparently Lube Shuttle still has their patent as the Locknlube gun is not the same. This video should clear up my posted misconception. It also makes me feel better about my purchase too, as they are not the same:nabble_smiley_happy:.

That's a very different system. I think it may be better than the old style, but nothing like the Lube Shuttle. One of the biggest problems I have is grease, or maybe I should say "oil", leaking out of the bottom of the tube. And I don't think this system will fix that.

That's a very different system. I think it may be better than the old style, but nothing like the Lube Shuttle. One of the biggest problems I have is grease, or maybe I should say "oil", leaking out of the bottom of the tube. And I don't think this system will fix that.

Agree. I still need to clean up the spot where my old grease gun was stored.

• 8 months later...

John - It is time for an update on your grease gun. I just lubed Big Blue and I have one gun that I hate and another I'm not too pleased with. So...

Gary, the Lube Shuttle with the LockNlube coupler is a great combination! I absolutely love this grease gun and the upgraded coupler. One of my favorite tools and absolutely no mess. Loads easily, does not leak and puts the grease where it's suppose to go.