Bullnose Forums

Help identifying the gizmo

Hi everybody!

Another question from the Bullnose Dummy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

While under the truck, taking pictures of the transmission crossmember (planning to change the last crushed bushings of Big Brother), I saw this « thing », don’t know why I never did before…

2B99276C-91D0-46D1-B210-214A5A08A1F5.jpeg.add15361682b2bea9f2c50949023aa0d.jpeg

Thanks to illuminate my mind!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

While under the truck, taking pictures of the transmission crossmember (planning to change the last crushed bushings of Big Brother), I saw this « thing », don’t know why I never did before…

That thing used to be an exhaust mount, back when the truck still had it's original exhaust!

That thing used to be an exhaust mount, back when the truck still had it's original exhaust!

Super!

Thanks for the fast answer!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

To be specific that is the mount that supported the catalytic converter. I dont know how many times Ive seen that bracket in my hunt for OE exhaust brackets.

My truck has a very similar one at the muffler and never had a catalytic converter.

IMGP0620.thumb.jpg.caf6bfbb9789508bf8aa477d6e427215.jpg

Well, not sure if Big Brother ever had a Catalytic in his ancient life, but under the hood it is written «non catalytic».

If it is like Darth, there was a support for the exhaust system near the transmission cross member which I replaced with a newer design from Riff Raff Diesel as they were the only one showing it.

IMGP0930.thumb.jpg.c14c17f0ba5d7b2bd8622058a4973b96.jpg

In your picture the triangular mount where it attaches to the frame is visible. Darth had that near the front of the 35" long extension pipes for the exhaust. That is how Ford handled the 133" to 155" to 168" wheelbase changes and since Big Brother is a 168" wheelbase, there was probably a joint there and another 35" further back.

If it is like Darth, there was a support for the exhaust system near the transmission cross member which I replaced with a newer design from Riff Raff Diesel as they were the only one showing it.

In your picture the triangular mount where it attaches to the frame is visible. Darth had that near the front of the 35" long extension pipes for the exhaust. That is how Ford handled the 133" to 155" to 168" wheelbase changes and since Big Brother is a 168" wheelbase, there was probably a joint there and another 35" further back.

Thanks!

:nabble_anim_handshake: