Bullnose Forums

"Business Card"

I'm wanting to create a "business card" to hand out at the show. Yes, I know there's no "business", but I have gotten tired of writing down the URL on scraps of paper for people. So, I've played with a design and come up with what's below, although this is just a concept so don't get hung up on font or colors, or....

I've toyed with changing the wording to something like "World's only website dedicated to documenting and discussing the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks", but worry that it isn't the only one. However, would someone else be silly enough to create one? :nabble_anim_crazy:

I don't have my name on it and probably should, although this isn't about me. But, you tell me what you think about the layout, please.

Oh, and I'll move all of these threads about the show, business cards, et al off to another area after we get some discussion going and come to a conclusion. I just need your help ASAP now.

Business_Card.jpg.fc2fd74bfa1ea2d28be11eca9083c792.jpg

Gary, if you are worried about staking a false claim about being the only dedicated bullnose website out there, or whether you can prove that you are the best one (if there are others), you could always opt for declaring an intent or commitment. Something like:

BULLNOSE FORUM

Dedicated to being the world's best documentation website and discussion community for 1980-1986 Ford trucks

...or similar phrase if that is too wordy. Not that I think people will cry false advertising on you, but the fact that you are thinking about it means that you are concerned about perception and credibility. And speaking of credibility, adding your name will do just that. Anyone who knows who you are will be that much more inclined to check out the website.

Gary, if you are worried about staking a false claim about being the only dedicated bullnose website out there, or whether you can prove that you are the best one (if there are others), you could always opt for declaring an intent or commitment. Something like:

BULLNOSE FORUM

Dedicated to being the world's best documentation website and discussion community for 1980-1986 Ford trucks

...or similar phrase if that is too wordy. Not that I think people will cry false advertising on you, but the fact that you are thinking about it means that you are concerned about perception and credibility. And speaking of credibility, adding your name will do just that. Anyone who knows who you are will be that much more inclined to check out the website.

A Card is a great idea, and No, I don't think you need you name on it.

It's purpose is to lead others to the forum.

A Card is a great idea, and No, I don't think you need you name on it.

It's purpose is to lead others to the forum.

Chris - I'll take a look. Thanks.

Jonathan - I love the wording! I'm going to use that on both the card and the top of the web site. Thanks!!

Ron - Thanks! I think I'm really going to like having a card. Way too many times I've had to tell people or scribble it down, and this would be so much easier.

Thanks, guys!!!

Chris - I'll take a look. Thanks.

Jonathan - I love the wording! I'm going to use that on both the card and the top of the web site. Thanks!!

Ron - Thanks! I think I'm really going to like having a card. Way too many times I've had to tell people or scribble it down, and this would be so much easier.

Thanks, guys!!!

If you decide not to include your name, one could find out about you by visiting the forum and using the "about me and contact me".

True. But a business card without a name seems strange. So I'm leaning to including name and email address.
Sure, go for it! Might even use fancy colors & printing if it's not real expensive. :)

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

To: ctubutis <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:19 PM

Subject: Re: "Business Card"

True. But a business card without a name seems strange. So I'm leaning to including name and email address. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/Business-Card-tp901p951.html

To unsubscribe from "Business Card", click here.
NAML

The business card has been farmed out to the lady that created the flyer. But the file I gave her is shown below. She's been tasked with giving it an artistic touch, and can add color if she wants. We shall see. :nabble_smiley_good:
That looks nice, maybe more color, maybe not, it depends.

It takes a skill I don't have to do artsy stuff like that, I have - zero - imagination & skills in that area.

It sounds like you're doing what fordification.com is doing, limiting themselves to a very specific year range. OK, that's cool, that'll work. :)

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

To: ctubutis <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:24 PM

Subject: Re: "Business Card"

The business card has been farmed out to the lady that created the flyer.  But the file I gave her is shown below.  She's been tasked with giving it an artistic touch, and can add color if she wants.  We shall see.  http://n8.nabble.com/images/smiley/smiley_good.gif

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/file/n1039/Business_Card.jpg Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/Business-Card-tp901p1039.html

To unsubscribe from "Business Card", click here.
NAML