Bullnose Forums

Speedo cable

Sorry to be a pest. I'm the king of dumb questions!

Today's is how to disconnect the cable. I've been pushing, pulling, twisting and swearing and resisting using my channel lock pliers. I know I did this before and it seemed to be easier. Please, what's the trick?

speedo.jpg.ab4aa10ce5635004291952f66206f47e.jpg

See the Speedo Cables tab at Documentation/Driveline/SPEEDOMETER GEARS, CABLES, & SENSORS. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thank you Bullnose god! :-)

No wonder it was so easy the last time...but I didn't know what I did when it came apart. :nabble_anim_crazy:

its only easy if you know. that is what questions are for.

Absolutely right. This was one of those things that I hated doing the first few times with increasing frustration - do I try to get at it from underneath?, or pull the cluster out a ways and try to reach in from the side?, forget it -I'll just cut the cable!, arrggh.

But once you get the feel for it they just fall apart.

Definitely a good question.

Absolutely right. This was one of those things that I hated doing the first few times with increasing frustration - do I try to get at it from underneath?, or pull the cluster out a ways and try to reach in from the side?, forget it -I'll just cut the cable!, arrggh.

But once you get the feel for it they just fall apart.

Definitely a good question.

Yep....LOL! Incredibly frustrating if you've not done it before. Didn't cut my cable but sure thought about it. Came here and Gary posted a picture for me. I like pictures!