Bullnose Forums

1982 F150 4x4 Oregon

Anyone notice the steering bracket damper on the frame. Looks like John's favorite style. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Haha.....that's funny, Gary! BTW, I'm not really fond of the way the remaining bracket is attached to the drag link and may have my good friend design me a better bracket for that too! Maybe, I'll just get out of eyes and get into the steering dampner business!

Anyone notice the steering bracket damper on the frame. Looks like John's favorite style. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Haha.....that's funny, Gary! BTW, I'm not really fond of the way the remaining bracket is attached to the drag link and may have my good friend design me a better bracket for that too! Maybe, I'll just get out of eyes and get into the steering dampner business!

Why get out of eyes? Start up a side business. Shouldn't take much time, but could be a big benefit for the others.

Curious to see what you come up with on the drag link bracket. Don't like the ubolts or how the shock attaches to the bracket?

Curious to see what you come up with on the drag link bracket. Don't like the ubolts or how the shock attaches to the bracket?

Exactly, Scott! Those U-Bolts and the way they wrap the drag link just don't work for me.....semi-cheesy! I addressed the super cheesy bracket on the frame, so now this. Jeez, if only I had the equipment I had when I was in the AF. I'd mill out a couple very nice brackets for it.

Exactly, Scott! Those U-Bolts and the way they wrap the drag link just don't work for me.....semi-cheesy! I addressed the super cheesy bracket on the frame, so now this. Jeez, if only I had the equipment I had when I was in the AF. I'd mill out a couple very nice brackets for it.

Maybe something like a two piece rigid shaft coupling that has some ridges on the inside to prevent slipping? Then the ear would come out from that with a gusset front and back.

Maybe something like a two piece rigid shaft coupling that has some ridges on the inside to prevent slipping? Then the ear would come out from that with a gusset front and back.

There is a couple of places on the internet that have something. These are the two I know of.

https://www.tmrcustoms.com/collections/steering-builder-parts/products/2-steering-clamp

https://diy4x.com/product.php?productid=17808&cat=249&page=2