Bullnose Forums

1982 F150 4x4 Oregon

No such thing as a Bullnose "high boy". The truck's been lifted. Not saying that's a bad thing, but sometimes they don't drive well. But, if done right they can.

Anyone notice the steering bracket damper on the frame. Looks like John's favorite style. :nabble_smiley_evil:

No such thing as a Bullnose "high boy". The truck's been lifted. Not saying that's a bad thing, but sometimes they don't drive well. But, if done right they can.

Anyone notice the steering bracket damper on the frame. Looks like John's favorite style. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Ok, friends, possible to teach me about these famous direction shock absorber? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

What is exactly the goal? To avoid the “pizza paste rolling syndrome” that I suffered of, before finding a brand new steering column without any loose parts?

Or for any other purpose, even with a really firm direction? :nabble_anim_confused:

Thanks!

Ok, friends, possible to teach me about these famous direction shock absorber? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

What is exactly the goal? To avoid the “pizza paste rolling syndrome” that I suffered of, before finding a brand new steering column without any loose parts?

Or for any other purpose, even with a really firm direction? :nabble_anim_confused:

Thanks!

We had a thread on it, called Steering Dampers/Stabilizers, recently. You might read that.

There are other discussions of "steering dampers", as you'll see in the results of a search here, and you could poke around in those as well.

Thanks Gary!

Going to instruct myself…

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Some forums get upset if you don't do your own searching before asking questions. Personally, I don't think that is appropriate as it assumes that you know what to search for and that there are answers for your question.

Since I see most things posted here I know what's available and usually how to find it. So I'm happy to look things up for people here.

Some forums get upset if you don't do your own searching before asking questions. Personally, I don't think that is appropriate as it assumes that you know what to search for and that there are answers for your question.

Since I see most things posted here I know what's available and usually how to find it. So I'm happy to look things up for people here.

Well, after reading at some threads and googled for “steering damper” (I even didn’t know how this was called, thanks Gary :nabble_anim_handshake:), I conclude that… there is no conclusion at all. :nabble_anim_confused:

Everyone has his own opinion, it looks more to a philosophical belief than a proven scientific fact.

Thanks to have shown me how to search about this subject!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Well, after reading at some threads and googled for “steering damper” (I even didn’t know how this was called, thanks Gary :nabble_anim_handshake:), I conclude that… there is no conclusion at all. :nabble_anim_confused:

Everyone has his own opinion, it looks more to a philosophical belief than a proven scientific fact.

Thanks to have shown me how to search about this subject!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Now you see why I wanted you to read that. It really isn't an open/shut case. Lots of opinions, but not a lot of data. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Now you see why I wanted you to read that. It really isn't an open/shut case. Lots of opinions, but not a lot of data. :nabble_smiley_wink:

not a high boy. that's a 4" rancho suspension lift kit. same as I have on bubba. dialed in correct and is a dream to drive. but many do not realize the flywheel effect of spinning wheels. and when you move the center of rotating mass off set from the axis. it can make one want to wander and even give the variations of the road surface "leverage" against the steering system and driver. it's a big gyroscope! to get a feel for this effect try using a right-angle grinder with a flat, coarse brush to clean some steel. then try the same with a "cup" brush. the cup brush will try to move you where it wants to go whereas the flat will let you go unimpeded. oversized, offset "wide wheels do this and there are two of them fighting you and each other. the style now of doing as big and wide of a wheel as possible is done with very lightweight wheels and not much tire in comparison. I'm not a fan but to each his own. I can appreciate almost any style if done well.