Bullnose Forums

1985 F150 4x4 Nevada

Nice looking truck. But there are some things that raise flags in my mind. First, the lift. If not done well the truck won't drive nicely.

Second, the "hot air intake". Why someone would ditch the factory system that pulls air from in front of the radiator and install something that pulls air from inside the engine compartment I'll never understand.

But on the plus side the truck has a Rosewood instrument bezel. I can't tell about the radio bezel from the pics, but the '85 burled wood bezels faded badly into a purple haze (:nabble_smiley_evil:) and Rosewood is a significant upgrade.

Nice looking truck. But there are some things that raise flags in my mind. First, the lift. If not done well the truck won't drive nicely.

Second, the "hot air intake". Why someone would ditch the factory system that pulls air from in front of the radiator and install something that pulls air from inside the engine compartment I'll never understand.

But on the plus side the truck has a Rosewood instrument bezel. I can't tell about the radio bezel from the pics, but the '85 burled wood bezels faded badly into a purple haze (:nabble_smiley_evil:) and Rosewood is a significant upgrade.

Looks like aftermarket door panels as well since there is no cloth panel that would be on XLT Lariat door panels in 85-86.

But it does have a locking hood release which is cool.

I agree. Too bad we can’t see the other end of the steering damper for John, to compare to the one he’s working on.

Looks like aftermarket door panels as well since there is no cloth panel that would be on XLT Lariat door panels in 85-86.

But it does have a locking hood release which is cool.

Good eye on the panels Shaun! Those do look nice though.

Good eye on the panels Shaun! Those do look nice though.

They look to be the nicer ones. The Coverlay versions with the cheap drilled holes for the speakers are garbage in my opinion and should just be discontinued.