Bullnose Forums

'80 Bronco Header Problem

Recently purchased an '80 Bronco with a 351M. PO installed long tube headers that hang down below the TC skid plate. The exhaust runs straight from the header collectors and under the skid plate then up between frame to mufflers. Not a good route for off-road use.

Can't find shorty or mid length headers for a 351M in an '80 Bronco. Anyone know where to get some?

I don't know that they make them for your application, but I'm running L&L headers on Big Blue and are reasonably pleased with them. One thing I really like is the thickness of the flange that bolts to the head - 1/2". Surely because of that I've not had warping or leakage.

I don't know that they make them for your application, but I'm running L&L headers on Big Blue and are reasonably pleased with them. One thing I really like is the thickness of the flange that bolts to the head - 1/2". Surely because of that I've not had warping or leakage.

How low do the L&L's hang under the frame? My current headers hang down even with the radius arms even with the 4" lift radius arm brackets.

What does "Dad's" 81 with a 351M use for exhaust, manifolds or headers? If headers, what kind?

It doesn't have anything, yet. I'm expecting to go with headers, but don't know for sure. (And it really isn't a 351M anymore. It has a factory stroker kit in it - a 400 crank. :nabble_smiley_wink:)