Bullnose Forums

Bronco Tailgate Latches

Need to replace passenger side tailgate latch but can't seem to find a source to purchase from. Are they interchangeable with anything else? 1980 model.

Also need new switch setup for rear window key operation.

Can't help with the interchangeable part but are you looking for new or used(jy)? Have a photo of the switch?

New or used as long as the they work. I work out of town so I can't get pictures until I'm back home for a visit. Thanks for responding.

Can't help with the interchangeable part but are you looking for new or used(jy)? Have a photo of the switch?

New or used as long as the they work. I work out of town so I can't get pictures until I'm back home for a visit. Thanks for responding.

Ok, I may run to the jy and there are 3 Bullnose Broncos there and I know at least one has a tailgate.

I've never actually paid attention to the latch or switch or anything Bronco specific though so would just want to ensure I am grabbing the right thing.

What timezone are you in?

Ok, I may run to the jy and there are 3 Bullnose Broncos there and I know at least one has a tailgate.

I've never actually paid attention to the latch or switch or anything Bronco specific though so would just want to ensure I am grabbing the right thing.

What timezone are you in?

Central Time zone. Live in SE Texas for work. Bronco is at our home on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. My current passenger side tailgate latch won't stay in the open position so we can't completely close the tailgate.

Central Time zone. Live in SE Texas for work. Bronco is at our home on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. My current passenger side tailgate latch won't stay in the open position so we can't completely close the tailgate.

Great. I wasn't able to make it on Saturday but I asked about the timezone in case I am able to make it again before you find what you need and we can text/send photos as needed while in the jy. I am also in CST.

Great. I wasn't able to make it on Saturday but I asked about the timezone in case I am able to make it again before you find what you need and we can text/send photos as needed while in the jy. I am also in CST.

Please let me know if you get to the JY and find any latches.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you get to the JY and find any latches.

Thank you.

Not sure if you do Facebook? But Chris your Neighbor buys rusted out broncos and parts them out. He has a lot of parts for sale , even some good You-tube videos of repairing tailgates and other items.

Not sure if you do Facebook? But Chris your Neighbor buys rusted out broncos and parts them out. He has a lot of parts for sale , even some good You-tube videos of repairing tailgates and other items.

I'll check it out. Thanks.