Bullnose Forums

Where Should This Document Go? (Huge FILE!)

Thanks to Dane we have a new document for the site: 1986 Engine, Emission, and Related Systems - Truck. Basically it tells what changes were made to the 1986 engines and emissions systems over the 1985 systems. For instance, in '86 the front main seal on the 4.9L engine was installed in the timing cover from the front instead of from the inside. (See below for the rest of the document.)

Yes, I know we have a thread called Minor Re-org - Input Requested but that didn't really address something like this. And when I look at the spreadsheet you'll find on the page at Manuals & Literature I don't see a good place to put it. :nabble_anim_confused:

So I'm looking for help. Can y'all suggest something? It is fair, and maybe good, to suggest a complete re-do on the organization.

"Other" under "Manuals and Literature" sounds good to me.

That is actually a decent book. I didn't realize that the 2.9 engine in Ranger had timing chain guides, or that Ford would change something so minor like how to apply sealant.

"Other" under "Manuals and Literature" sounds good to me.

That is actually a decent book. I didn't realize that the 2.9 engine in Ranger had timing chain guides, or that Ford would change something so minor like how to apply sealant.

I agree with Shaun