Bullnose Forums

Tachometer update [new internals for enclosed type] - not inexpensive, but available.

Nice find David! It is costly, but I am happy to see that it is available nonetheless. With a lot of the old “closed” tachs getting sticky and breaking down, having a place that can update the internals is good news! 🙂

That said, I have a couple of closed units that passed my freezer test (needle did not stick) that I want to use to fix our 4,000 rpm tachs. If that is not successful for some reason, perhaps this guy could update the internals?

I will definitely be ordering the volt meter conversion on account of the 3G swap in my diesel. I have heard good things about this product.

Nice find David! It is costly, but I am happy to see that it is available nonetheless. With a lot of the old “closed” tachs getting sticky and breaking down, having a place that can update the internals is good news! 🙂

That said, I have a couple of closed units that passed my freezer test (needle did not stick) that I want to use to fix our 4,000 rpm tachs. If that is not successful for some reason, perhaps this guy could update the internals?

I will definitely be ordering the volt meter conversion on account of the 3G swap in my diesel. I have heard good things about this product.

There is a 4000 RPM tach attached to your distributor, Jonathan. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Could you tell me more about your freezer test?