Bullnose Forums

Suspension parts needed

I don’t order parts like that from LMC. Instead I go to the Rock Auto site, figure out the part numbers for vendors like Moog, and then shop for them. And usually end up buying them on Amazon.

Does anyone know if it’s the top or bottom one? Thank u. A44AC492-834E-4A40-A665-DE47B3A65C10.png.e99cb91916890d865c7239ce60e705d1.png781484E4-A052-4BEB-8687-D77A44524E6C.png.af3c7e07e7bd059f26eb87ac418b8606.png

I seen three different designs and I have been told the 2x4 and 4x4 r different. Trying to figure out what ones I need

I don't know if the 2wd and 4wd are different. But I'd use the Rock Auto catalog to guide me. Amazon's fit isn't always right, but so far Rock's has been.

Does anyone know if it’s the top or bottom one? Thank u. https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n118350/A44AC492-834E-4A40-A665-DE47B3A65C10.pnghttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n118350/781484E4-A052-4BEB-8687-D77A44524E6C.png

The upper one is fixed position, and the lower one is adjustable in place. The top one pictured is also zero degree...so it's not really an adjustment at all...but they come from the factory with those most of the time.

So the upper one, if it did have an off center degree, would have to be pressed out to be adjusted. The lower one can be adjusted in place by simply loosening the nut.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n118352/9C63800A-2A1E-4490-8966-FD5C30B43237.png this is on ebay

These are castor adjusters for the radius arms. I've seen these online many times, but I have actually never seen them used, in person or on the web.

The few twin I-beam trucks I had were all very easy to align. They're usually only an issue if the suspension is worn, or modified.

I talked to an old guy that used to do a lot of alignments on old Ford trucks, and he said he spent years trying to align trucks with negative camber issues, and he said every single one of them could have been fixed with new coil springs lol.

These days with everybody either lowering or lifting the trucks, alignment issues are the norm. Not that there's anything wrong with that...twin I-beams are what they are...

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n118352/9C63800A-2A1E-4490-8966-FD5C30B43237.png this is on ebay

These are castor adjusters for the radius arms. I've seen these online many times, but I have actually never seen them used, in person or on the web.

The few twin I-beam trucks I had were all very easy to align. They're usually only an issue if the suspension is worn, or modified.

I talked to an old guy that used to do a lot of alignments on old Ford trucks, and he said he spent years trying to align trucks with negative camber issues, and he said every single one of them could have been fixed with new coil springs lol.

These days with everybody either lowering or lifting the trucks, alignment issues are the norm. Not that there's anything wrong with that...twin I-beams are what they are...

what means of diagnosing was used?

these have a camber bushing which goes into the spindle from inside and the bushings usually have a shaped rim similar to a 12 point box wrench. the next generation had bushings that go in from the top into the I beam instead of the spindle and those bushings look like the first one you showed.

I have mostly seen the two piece compound adjustable bushings on 4wd.

the early method of adjusting caster on the kingpin I beams was to use the offset bushings on the radius arms as when you lower the radius arm anchor point you also tilted the kingpin top back adding caster. This had no real effect on camber as that was relative to ride height only.

after installing the new springs I'm sure that you have a positive camber now and possibly little to no caster. this can be very frustrating to get correct without the means of properly measuring these two angles by their degrees, checking which bushings are installed and calculating what is needed. unfortunately even in a city the size of Nashville TN I only trust one shop to get this correct. most don't understand twin I beam geometry. I hope you can find one there who does.