Bullnose Forums

Starter motor teeth wearing out

Paulco

That appears to be the solenoid wire... that's where the "new" wire is supposed to connect. IMO it's best to pitch that pigtail.

Installed the new starter using the instructions in the electrical section. What a difference the PMGR starter makes, my truck starts up a lot quicker to the point where once its warm I have to be quick to turn key back.

Thanks to those who helped.

Paul

Installed the new starter using the instructions in the electrical section. What a difference the PMGR starter makes, my truck starts up a lot quicker to the point where once its warm I have to be quick to turn key back.

Paul

That’s great! :nabble_anim_claps:

Paul

Excellent! :nabble_anim_claps:

Paul

Paul, added the PMGR starter to mine a few weeks back and it's a wonderful difference. That little sucker turns the engine over much faster. Curious, did you get your starter at Autozone? That pigtail looks exactly like the one that was on mine.