Bullnose Forums

Poncho Loco up for sale - F150 4x4

Our daughter decided she wants an IDI just like her brother. So I'm giving her Farm Truck, and she's putting Poncho Loco up for sale. Here's the craigslist blurb. She has better photos if you want em. Location is Central Texas.

1982 F150 4x4 Super Cab long bed

Very good looking Bullnose!

52144 miles showing, unknown actual mileage

351W V8 (5.8L) in good condition, manual trans, power steering, power brakes

Runs well when warmed up, a new choke would fix that but hey this is Texas

Brand new 15" AT tires, rebuilt Holley 500 cfm carb, new dual 2.5" exhaust

Reman power steering box, new fuel pump

Interior in great condition; custom built door pockets, Rhino Lined floor, overhead console, rear speakers, seats very good

Has new 36 gal rear tank, Rhino lined bed, good tailgate, side rails in good shape

Rust in rear wheel arches and cab drip rail, frame was undercoated, no rust there

Has been repainted by PO but some sun damage showing, bondo on driver door

A/C is in the bed of the truck, up to you to finish that

Comes with clean title and full tank of non-ethanol gas

Bought it as a project truck, got it fixed up and running.

Beautiful truck turns heads, needs finishing work that I can't do.

Text 5one2-nine94-five864

WIP1280.thumb.jpg.1d22e2c66482e39f42397aecb509c9df.jpg

Reads like a nice, solid truck. Should sell quickly.

Do the captain's chairs go back in it? (They'd look good in Big Blue.)

Yes those are his seats. Somebody invested a lot in the truck, including the chairs, repaint, and Rhino lining the bed and cab. The sun visor seems to be handmade of wood then covered in vinyl. And those custom door pockets we'd discussed in an earlier thread. Alas, we don't know that PO.

Yes those are his seats. Somebody invested a lot in the truck, including the chairs, repaint, and Rhino lining the bed and cab. The sun visor seems to be handmade of wood then covered in vinyl. And those custom door pockets we'd discussed in an earlier thread. Alas, we don't know that PO.

Ok, thanks.

It is discouraging how many Craigs List "leads" are spammers. My daughter got hit with a cold bucket of water, as it were. So many dirtballs out there ...

Where do y'all advertise when you sell a pickup?

I hear you! Just listed my truck today and didn’t use my phone number because of scams.

But, I am using craigslist as I think it’s the best option for now. Facebook marketplace isn’t very good around here in my opinion.

Unfortunately I don’t think the paper is the go to place anymore. We used to have Nickel Ads which was good.

I used to like craigslist but as you mentioned so many spammers now.

If I’m not successful with craigslist I may try Hemmings or Bring a Trailer.

• 5 months later...

I hear you! Just listed my truck today and didn’t use my phone number because of scams.

But, I am using craigslist as I think it’s the best option for now. Facebook marketplace isn’t very good around here in my opinion.

Unfortunately I don’t think the paper is the go to place anymore. We used to have Nickel Ads which was good.

I used to like craigslist but as you mentioned so many spammers now.

If I’m not successful with craigslist I may try Hemmings or Bring a Trailer.

Poncho Loco finally sold for $4500 to a local volunteer fireman from my department. He's gone on now and does private arson investigation. Judging from his house, that must be lucrative.

Anyway, Poncho went to an avid Bullnose enthusiast. This is his 3rd. We didn't work too hard at selling the truck, just parked it in Fakebook and let folks find it.

photo_2022-09-29_21-03-25.jpg.4295cf640abe6c7086a73f53683abc18.jpg

Poncho Loco finally sold for $4500 to a local volunteer fireman from my department. He's gone on now and does private arson investigation. Judging from his house, that must be lucrative.

Anyway, Poncho went to an avid Bullnose enthusiast. This is his 3rd. We didn't work too hard at selling the truck, just parked it in Fakebook and let folks find it.

Good news!

Yes, good news. Perhaps he will join us?