Bullnose Forums

NOS red dash pad [check the price!]

Yipes! That's the price of a new one from Just Dashes - I think. The old plastic decays with UV light, and I'm not sure wrapping one in plastic will stop UV.

Gary-- do I recall correctly that you took a deep dive into the pool of dash replacement?

If so, what was the recommended after-market source you would recommend?

Gary-- do I recall correctly that you took a deep dive into the pool of dash replacement?

If so, what was the recommended after-market source you would recommend?

I did a deep dive while on FTE. It is a long thread, but you should start reading here, which is post #83. And the conclusion was Dashes Direct. But, I've not bought one so can't actually give my opinion on the product. Yet.

Also, that study of the marketplace is 4 1/2 years old, so the landscape may have changed.

I did a deep dive while on FTE. It is a long thread, but you should start reading here, which is post #83. And the conclusion was Dashes Direct. But, I've not bought one so can't actually give my opinion on the product. Yet.

Also, that study of the marketplace is 4 1/2 years old, so the landscape may have changed.

And we did the the 3-D print on the speaker area patch....

And we did the the 3-D print on the speaker area patch....

What's the cost on the 3D solution? Do you sell the file, or an actual printed fitting?

To the eBay ad, they want almost $150 for shipping. Dashes Direct has free shipping. Unless someone wants an OE red Ford dash, the eBay seems pretty dear for what one gets.

Take a closer look. That dash pad has obviously been spray painted. The speaker foam underneath and the clips are painted red.

Also, the seller lists the brand name as AM Autoparts. It even has a part number that starts with "AM."

Here is genuine Ford OEM dash pad for sale for $1500:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-80-86-FORD-TRUCK-BRONCO-DASH-PAD-E4TZ-1004282-B0P-CHARCOAL-GREY/401541560608?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Take a closer look. That dash pad has obviously been spray painted. The speaker foam underneath and the clips are painted red.

Also, the seller lists the brand name as AM Autoparts. It even has a part number that starts with "AM."

Here is genuine Ford OEM dash pad for sale for $1500:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-80-86-FORD-TRUCK-BRONCO-DASH-PAD-E4TZ-1004282-B0P-CHARCOAL-GREY/401541560608?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Egads!!!!! $1500!?!?!?

But, well spotted on the other one, Rick. :nabble_smiley_good: