Bullnose Forums

Crazy bout my "Bullnose" MERCURY

This is a really neat idea! I’ve always thought it was too bad that there were no Mercury badged Bullnose so it is cool to see someone make one!🙂

Where did the letters and tailgate panel come from? Any ideas for the M100/M150 fender badges? Any Mercury passenger cars with a compatible horn pad?

Very nice project, post pictures when it’s done!

Where did the letters and tailgate panel come from? Any ideas for the M100/M150 fender badges? Any Mercury passenger cars with a compatible horn pad?

Ha! You beat me to it! I was laying in bed this morning and thought, what is he going to do about the M150 badges??..

Hey Guys, Thanks for all your comments! So Ford of Canada built Mercury trucks from 1946 to 1968.

The Mercs were only available with a V8 until 1957, when the 6cyl became available. The "Mercury"

letters for my hood, and the side fender "Mercury 100" emblems that I am using are from a 1968 Mercury.

I found the tailgate "Mercury" section at a flea market about 10 years ago. Ford of Canada offered a Mercury truck model to correspond with pretty much every Ford truck model that they offered, and yes, back in the day, many rural communities did not have both Ford dealerships and Mercury dealerships, so the Truck line was offered so that Trucks were available to anyone.

I have Always wanted a Mercury Pickup, and my Favourite Trucks are the Bullnose Fords, so I decided to combine my two favourites, and build my Dream Truck!!!!:nabble_smiley_good:

Hey Guys, Thanks for all your comments! So Ford of Canada built Mercury trucks from 1946 to 1968.

The Mercs were only available with a V8 until 1957, when the 6cyl became available. The "Mercury"

letters for my hood, and the side fender "Mercury 100" emblems that I am using are from a 1968 Mercury.

I found the tailgate "Mercury" section at a flea market about 10 years ago. Ford of Canada offered a Mercury truck model to correspond with pretty much every Ford truck model that they offered, and yes, back in the day, many rural communities did not have both Ford dealerships and Mercury dealerships, so the Truck line was offered so that Trucks were available to anyone.

I have Always wanted a Mercury Pickup, and my Favourite Trucks are the Bullnose Fords, so I decided to combine my two favourites, and build my Dream Truck!!!!:nabble_smiley_good:

And here's what the fender emblems look like...emblem.thumb.jpeg.e31e7cc8b2a9a3a076722f0929357dad.jpeg

That's AWESOME! :nabble_anim_claps:

It is really going to cause a lot of head-scratching at meets. :nabble_smiley_evil: