Bullnose Forums

Door window run weatherstrip

I see it listed as upper door glass run. Isn't this run supposed to go down into the door as well?The track at the front and back of the glass, once rolled into the door, is sitting in a metal channel unless the rubber is there as well. This should be what keeps the glass from rattling when the window is down.

So it appears the window run includes the rear portion that goes into the door. I suppose the front part is part of the vent window assembly?

The window weather strip is like an upside down "U", so it takes care of the front, top and rear of the door glass. The vent window weather strip is separate.

See #7 on this link: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/search.aspx?searchTerms=weatherstrip

The window weather strip is like an upside down "U", so it takes care of the front, top and rear of the door glass. The vent window weather strip is separate.

See #7 on this link: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/search.aspx?searchTerms=weatherstrip

I understand what it looks like. The question was about it going into the door, to the bottom of the window rear track.

I understand what it looks like. The question was about it going into the door, to the bottom of the window rear track.

I have had good luck coating the back of the rubber with dish washing soap and pulling it from the bottom, using pliers, while applying pressure on the top. A shot of silicone spray inside the groove allows it to slide around the glass. It take patience, but works!

I have had good luck coating the back of the rubber with dish washing soap and pulling it from the bottom, using pliers, while applying pressure on the top. A shot of silicone spray inside the groove allows it to slide around the glass. It take patience, but works!

OK, but you obviously are not understanding. Thanks OK.

Are you describing the anti-rattle strips?

The window sweeps, no. I am talking about the channel, that you are talking about. except I'm not talkingf about any difficulty in installation or such. I am just referring to where the rubber itself, was long enough on the back end, to go into the door where the rack goes. Roll the window down into the door, there is still track in there top guide the door. And there is channel run in there too. So I was wondering if it was all one piece. I assumed it was, but no pictures show it longer on the backside nor did they discuss it that way. But I have determined it must be.

The window sweeps, no. I am talking about the channel, that you are talking about. except I'm not talkingf about any difficulty in installation or such. I am just referring to where the rubber itself, was long enough on the back end, to go into the door where the rack goes. Roll the window down into the door, there is still track in there top guide the door. And there is channel run in there too. So I was wondering if it was all one piece. I assumed it was, but no pictures show it longer on the backside nor did they discuss it that way. But I have determined it must be.

I installed the channel run weatherstrip and the beltline weatherstrip on the outside ( inside is on teh new door panels ). The run does include the part that i sin the door. I was just wondering about that based on pictures I was seeing. But it is long enough. Everything went together well. I'm waiting on a new window regulator now and then I can close up the door.

left_window_weatherstrip.jpg.f71296bfe895f283242cf1acd49ca221.jpg

I installed the channel run weatherstrip and the beltline weatherstrip on the outside ( inside is on teh new door panels ). The run does include the part that i sin the door. I was just wondering about that based on pictures I was seeing. But it is long enough. Everything went together well. I'm waiting on a new window regulator now and then I can close up the door.

Looks great! And it'll be very tight with the new rubber. :nabble_smiley_good: