Bullnose Forums

Hiya

Hey all! just thought I'd introduce myself

Picked up this 1984 f250 back in dec 2020

werweq12.thumb.jpg.8e9b42902aa365c8448fbf35be5a651c.jpg

Got a 351W, currently on 33's with 37's for when I get around to putting a small lift kit in it for shiggles

Hope I'm not hated for that haha

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Interesting. Going from 33's to 37's will drop your RPM from ~2600, assuming you have the ubiquitous 3.55 gears, to 2300 @ 65 MPH. But it'll also drop the torque you put to the ground by about 10%. Are you going to regear?

And, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can put you on it w/a city/state or zip.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Interesting. Going from 33's to 37's will drop your RPM from ~2600, assuming you have the ubiquitous 3.55 gears, to 2300 @ 65 MPH. But it'll also drop the torque you put to the ground by about 10%. Are you going to regear?

And, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can put you on it w/a city/state or zip.

Based out of Chester, NJ.

Probably going to keep the gearing the same. Just trying to get rid of my electrical gremlins. Chasing why I don't get anything on ignition turn at all. I was going to make a post asking for advice tomorrow haha

Based out of Chester, NJ.

Probably going to keep the gearing the same. Just trying to get rid of my electrical gremlins. Chasing why I don't get anything on ignition turn at all. I was going to make a post asking for advice tomorrow haha

You are now on the map.

As for the 37's, I kinda doubt they'll fix the electrical gremlins. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, you should start a new thread in the main section and we can work it there. But my first suggestion will be to "calibrate" the ignition switch with the instructions on the Ignition Switch tab on the page at Documentation/Electrical/Ignition.