Bullnose Forums

Need Bucket Seat Or Captain's Chair Location Measurements - Please

Folks, I'm struggling to figure out exactly where the bucket seats or captain's chairs should go in Big Blue. The way I had them in wasn't right, so I need help from those of you who have that kind of seating from the factory.

I need the measurements from the base of the driver's seat, probably the mounting bolts for the seat itself (green circles in the illustration below) to some standard reference point. Can we use the bottom of the steering wheel? (If you have a tilt column then put it straight out.)

Here are the measurements I think I need:

• Distance back of the steering wheel to the bolts. Not a line-of-sight diagonal measurement, but straight down from the wheel and then back. And that could be with the seat all the way forward, or all the way backward, or both.

• Distance below the steering wheel. How far the front bolts are below the bottom of the wheel. Maybe put a level on the bottom of the seat and measure up?

• Angle of the seat bottom. If you have an angle gauge put it on the bottom of the seat bottom and tell me if that angles up or down with reference to "level" - assuming the truck is level. If no angle gauge then maybe use a level?

And if you have better ideas, please let me know. I'm making this up as I go, but it is kind of complex since your floor is different than mine so we can't use that as the reference.

seat-track-with_circles.thumb.jpg.6bfd2282378ed8884606e1d3794d03fa.jpg

I can do this later today in my Bronco. I have a tilt wheel and captains chairs.

Thanks!

I should have said there isn't a big hurry. I'm in the middle of the EFI installation, but I'm also wanting to work the bucket seat mounting in parallel. And since I suspect there will be lots of to and fro on this to make sure we are saying the same thing then I thought I'd get it started.

And if you have better ways to measure then PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!

I should have said there isn't a big hurry. I'm in the middle of the EFI installation, but I'm also wanting to work the bucket seat mounting in parallel. And since I suspect there will be lots of to and fro on this to make sure we are saying the same thing then I thought I'd get it started.

And if you have better ways to measure then PLEASE let me know.

Phew! I totally space today was a celebration. My wife has stuck with me for 14 years. Our anniversary was 3/22 but we postponed until today. We just spent the day together, it was fabulous. Mucking horses, walking the dog and a happy hour drink.

I will have a stab tomorrow and take pics of where I am measuring from.

Phew! I totally space today was a celebration. My wife has stuck with me for 14 years. Our anniversary was 3/22 but we postponed until today. We just spent the day together, it was fabulous. Mucking horses, walking the dog and a happy hour drink.

I will have a stab tomorrow and take pics of where I am measuring from.

Congratulations!!!

As I said, there is no hurry. Take your time.