Bullnose Forums

Stock radio

IowaTom

I'd like to replace a cheap old (previous owner install) JVC radio with just a plain, stock radio for my '85 F150. Doesn't have to be stereo or FM but would appreciate a working set.

My email is twintraction at gmail and thanks! Tom

I may have one or two factory units with cassette. I know i have a two knob am/fm from the 83 f100 I'm building. havent gotten up to radio/stereo designs yet. still doing frame and suspension

If memory serves they went from the two knob style to the 1.5 DIN style in '85... so without a different bezel and bracket (I have the latter on the shelf), a 2-knob won't work.

If memory serves they went from the two knob style to the 1.5 DIN style in '85... so without a different bezel and bracket (I have the latter on the shelf), a 2-knob won't work.

This is the junky radio that came with the truck. Funny, the guy who sold it to me said "The radio works!" I should have known then I'd be repairing so many non-working things.

radio2.jpg.f362f884aedbd7c92a46f7ecb2f48d89.jpg

radio1.jpg.3b189cd7cc265a9feb59e7de5fc5890e.jpg

I'd like to find something that fits the spot. My posts are 5 and 3/4" on center, but 6" apart would work.

This is the junky radio that came with the truck. Funny, the guy who sold it to me said "The radio works!" I should have known then I'd be repairing so many non-working things.

I'd like to find something that fits the spot. My posts are 5 and 3/4" on center, but 6" apart would work.

I'm looking for a replacement because the driver side audio died. Speaker is fine by bench test, just no sounds using any speaker I have with alligator clips.

I'm looking for a replacement because the driver side audio died. Speaker is fine by bench test, just no sounds using any speaker I have with alligator clips.

Simple is best for me. Got this one on Ebay.

radio.jpg.9dc3ed8c40fff4e57b37e9e91d67e6d6.jpg

Now, let's hope it works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Ford unit looks great - so much better than the aftermarket. I hope it works for you!

I agree! I have never liked the look of aftermarket radios in vehicles - especially classic trucks. The tiny buttons and flashy lights never look right to me. I have gotten many compliments on keeping the stock radio/cassette player working in Lucille.

Those mechanical push buttons fit these old trucks just like a carburetor does.