Bullnose Forums

Sometimes things go well - happy to share (:

66gtk

Thanks guys. I feel blessed this truck starts well and runs fairly good now. I purchased it as a non-op, so saving all the original plumbing and making it work feels like an accomplishment.

I put those tires on for one reason - they look exactly like the ones in the original brochure! They are also affordable, and they look great with my white wheels. I had blackwalls on for 1 year and decided to switch it up when I found these wheels. They look great and do the job for a street truck that can't go very fast at all (:

BEFORE with different wheels and tires

As quoted above, "that is a very nice truck". It's one of my favorites on our forum here too! As I recall, you were thinking about selling it. I'm glad you got to keep it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wheel/tire combo is such a good look!

I didn’t realize the clear side marker lenses were a stock item at one time. I think those would look real nice on my dually.

No, not the side marker lenses. They were always amber.

The front turn signal lenses under the headlights is what I am referring to. For the 1980 models, the lenses were white/clear with amber bulbs:

L1.jpg.34ba8d8f6ead0ce2a7a80c870ab6265a.jpg

Thanks guys. I feel blessed this truck starts well and runs fairly good now.

I simply LOVE that truck!

When choosing at the color for restoration, I hesitated between that blue and red. Finally opted to reproduce the 1984 sales brochure, red.

Very nice!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Big Brother starts same way. Usually started once a month, to tow the manure trailer. One slow full pedal depress to the floor, then starter. 3-4 seconds, and ignition goes.

During winter cold months (sometimes VERY cold here), it happens that, after ignition, the motor stalls. Again, full pedal to floor to ensure the choke is closed, than restart. Never have to do a third time. This very cold "start/stall" never happens in warmer days.

Thanks guys. I feel blessed this truck starts well and runs fairly good now.

I simply LOVE that truck!

When choosing at the color for restoration, I hesitated between that blue and red. Finally opted to reproduce the 1984 sales brochure, red.

Very nice!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Big Brother starts same way. Usually started once a month, to tow the manure trailer. One slow full pedal depress to the floor, then starter. 3-4 seconds, and ignition goes.

During winter cold months (sometimes VERY cold here), it happens that, after ignition, the motor stalls. Again, full pedal to floor to ensure the choke is closed, than restart. Never have to do a third time. This very cold "start/stall" never happens in warmer days.

I'm curious... This full black grill was factory installed?

I used to see chrome/gray and chrome/black ones, not sure about the completely black one.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, very nice!

:nabble_love-23x23_orig:

I'm curious... This full black grill was factory installed?

I used to see chrome/gray and chrome/black ones, not sure about the completely black one.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, very nice!

:nabble_love-23x23_orig:

I painted the factory argent grille black. I also masked and painted the inside of the headlight bezels black while I was at it.