Bullnose Forums

Leftover parts from my serpentine belt swap

Hi all, I have all this stuff available:

IMG_3371.jpg.ef06d17e528b3cec2356bd8258bd0f1b.jpg

This came off an 81 351W. Compressor is essentially brand new, but I really wouldn't wish a York unit on anyone... maybe useful as a core. Not sure how much of the bracketry is stock and how much is home made, a lot of it doesn't have a "factory" feel to it.

Probably the most useful thing is the Powermaster alternator, basically a bolt on for a V-belt system.

All free for shipping if there is any interest.

Probably the most useful thing is the Powermaster alternator, basically a bolt on for a V-belt system.

I know in my area, the carbed SBF timing covers are still fairly sought after.

Are you still carbed? What are you running for a fuel pump now?

I know in my area, the carbed SBF timing covers are still fairly sought after.

Are you still carbed? What are you running for a fuel pump now?

Yes, still carbed. The lack of a boss for the mechanical fuel pump on the '95 timing chain cover took me by surprise, although if I would have thought about it harder it shouldn't have. I was halfway through the swap before I realized I would have to switch to an electric pump. I got a Mr Gasket unit that was basically a knock-off of the Holley Mighty Mite pump and wired it in.

I do have an Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 sitting here on my office floor though, so I will be FI in a few months hopefully.

Yes, still carbed. The lack of a boss for the mechanical fuel pump on the '95 timing chain cover took me by surprise, although if I would have thought about it harder it shouldn't have. I was halfway through the swap before I realized I would have to switch to an electric pump. I got a Mr Gasket unit that was basically a knock-off of the Holley Mighty Mite pump and wired it in.

I do have an Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 sitting here on my office floor though, so I will be FI in a few months hopefully.

This is kind and generous of you. I would love to have the alternator and will gladly pay you shipping costs. Kindly send me a private message for address and payment info.

Thanks!

Troy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete, do yo still have the compressor? If so I would like to have it Shipped to 02346

Hi Dan, I do still have it, I will check into shipping. It has gotten ridiculously expensive lately, so you might not want to pay it, but I'll try to find out a cost this week.

I tried 2 different York 2-piston compressors, with both the V-belt developed this weird vibration/oscillation that stretched the belts and destroyed them within a couple hours. I got this compressor because I thought the first must surely be defective, but this one acted exactly the same, so I kind of doubt I got 2 duds in a row. Everyone I talk to just says these are horrible compressors, so I hope you can make it work for you but I have given up on them.

Hi Dan, I do still have it, I will check into shipping. It has gotten ridiculously expensive lately, so you might not want to pay it, but I'll try to find out a cost this week.

I tried 2 different York 2-piston compressors, with both the V-belt developed this weird vibration/oscillation that stretched the belts and destroyed them within a couple hours. I got this compressor because I thought the first must surely be defective, but this one acted exactly the same, so I kind of doubt I got 2 duds in a row. Everyone I talk to just says these are horrible compressors, so I hope you can make it work for you but I have given up on them.

Jeepers and other 4wheelers used to like that York as an engine-driven air compressor for onboard air systems. But I'm not current on the latest trends of 4wheeling anymore.

FYI

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete, do yo still have the compressor? If so I would like to have it Shipped to 02346

Dan, the emails I am sending you might not be getting through, so I am trying from the forum. Shipping charges came to $55.91, you can paypal or venmo to my email address. Thanks!