Bullnose Forums

Gas pedal STIFF

what gear are you going to put in the axle/s? I'm guessing 4.56 but I haven't done the math.

doing the math, I think 4.31 is the correct gear ratio to keep all other parameters correct. however that does nit compensate for added weight or rolling resistance. it may still feel heavier than stock and you may find yourself pushing on the gas pedal even more.

what gear are you going to put in the axle/s? I'm guessing 4.56 but I haven't done the math.

Leaving the gearing alone at 3.54s. Itll turn them but it isn't going to like it 🤣. Some day I may straight axle swap it and gear but for now it's just a daily driver that needs to look sharp.

Leaving the gearing alone at 3.54s. Itll turn them but it isn't going to like it 🤣. Some day I may straight axle swap it and gear but for now it's just a daily driver that needs to look sharp.

it's going to drive like it's always taking off in second gear! you will fight to keep it in overdrive on the highway! and the transmission is going to wish you left that extra truck it is carrying back at the house. do NOT leave the tv cable loose as you will very likely cook the trans if you do. get a trans cooler made for towing as the trans WILL generate more heat.

it's going to drive like it's always taking off in second gear! you will fight to keep it in overdrive on the highway! and the transmission is going to wish you left that extra truck it is carrying back at the house. do NOT leave the tv cable loose as you will very likely cook the trans if you do. get a trans cooler made for towing as the trans WILL generate more heat.

Truck has a factory trans cooler already. XLt Lariat. Had a few setup like this. More worried about getting the rest of it fixed. Oil pan replacement today and was greeted with sludge and a super loose timing chain...that's priority.

received_1018380355447249.thumb.jpeg.6b258f2e9c1f7df93b6b1e96c7420bd8.jpeg

Truck has a factory trans cooler already. XLt Lariat. Had a few setup like this. More worried about getting the rest of it fixed. Oil pan replacement today and was greeted with sludge and a super loose timing chain...that's priority.

how many miles are on the existing chain?

I hear crazy numbers sometimes and I also hear people say that I'm crazy for just changing them at the 150k mile mark. you can have 10 degrees play in the chain by then and they never go back. it is preventative maintenance in my book. one e150 I had in my a/c business I had three chains in. original, then at 150-155, then at 300-310. it had 408k on it when I sold it to the next guy who continued on. this was a stock, fleet 1995 5.0 and never had a seal broken other than the front cover and pump.

how many miles are on the existing chain?

I hear crazy numbers sometimes and I also hear people say that I'm crazy for just changing them at the 150k mile mark. you can have 10 degrees play in the chain by then and they never go back. it is preventative maintenance in my book. one e150 I had in my a/c business I had three chains in. original, then at 150-155, then at 300-310. it had 408k on it when I sold it to the next guy who continued on. this was a stock, fleet 1995 5.0 and never had a seal broken other than the front cover and pump.

Someone has been in it before and put a double roller in it and that's the bad one. Motor has 107k on it. Has a hellacious ticking once in a while that i suspect is the chain slapping the case.

Someone has been in it before and put a double roller in it and that's the bad one. Motor has 107k on it. Has a hellacious ticking once in a while that i suspect is the chain slapping the case.

I would be concerned that it may have a bit more miles than what was told.