Bullnose Forums

EEC issue 86

Killed the gremlin today. It was a bad eec. The cardone replacement that I just swapped out had less then 200 miles on it. Needless to say it was the last thing I replaced. Thanks Matt for taking the time to answer all my rookie questions and thank to the others that helped me in the AWESOME forum.:nabble_anim_working:

Congratulations!!! Glad you got it fixed. And glad the forum is helping. :nabble_smiley_good:

Killed the gremlin today. It was a bad eec. The cardone replacement that I just swapped out had less then 200 miles on it. Needless to say it was the last thing I replaced. Thanks Matt for taking the time to answer all my rookie questions and thank to the others that helped me in the AWESOME forum.:nabble_anim_working:

A1 Cardone ECUs are what I'll call polished, er, "brown logs".

Take a used ECU, rattle can it silver, and shoot it out. Waste of $$$. Got burnt on one myself (got a refund). Much better luck (and pricing!) on a JY one I stumbled upon while looking for unrelated parts.

A1 Cardone ECUs are what I'll call polished, er, "brown logs".

Take a used ECU, rattle can it silver, and shoot it out. Waste of $$$. Got burnt on one myself (got a refund). Much better luck (and pricing!) on a JY one I stumbled upon while looking for unrelated parts.

I guess I need to go up on my storage area in the garage and bring down the remaining spares I had for Matt's 1986 F150.

hey this is mat with the 86 f150. remind me again how much I still have up there:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Matt is my son, currently IT manager for Olympus Foreign Parts, a division of Guaranteed Parts Corporation. He lives in WV, not TN.

I looked yesterday and no longer have any of the 1985/86 5.0L EFI computers. I do have a nice set of vacuum valves and a 1986 MAP sensor.