Bullnose Forums

Removing the sender clip

You're too kind, Gary...I don't really know what I'm doing. I just kinda fake it!

I too do this as a rule and have cleaned my share of tanks too. I restore everything possible because let's face it, nothing fits or feels like the originals. even when I do restomods I try to stay with as many oem ford parts as possible. even if I draw from different years. I hate the thought of presenting a restoration with M.I.C stickers all over it

I too do this as a rule and have cleaned my share of tanks too. I restore everything possible because let's face it, nothing fits or feels like the originals. even when I do restomods I try to stay with as many oem ford parts as possible. even if I draw from different years. I hate the thought of presenting a restoration with M.I.C stickers all over it

Ugh...I tried everything I could to clean out this rear tank and there's still lots of crud everywhere.

I called a few places who clean out tanks and they all want more than the one I found on Azamon for just over $100.

So yeah, Gary, I bought a new one! :nabble_smiley_happy: Will give it a coat of hammered paint when it comes as I doubt the cheap one is galvanized.

Working on a Ford is way cheaper than my Studebakers, when it comes to parts availability.

Ugh...I tried everything I could to clean out this rear tank and there's still lots of crud everywhere.

I called a few places who clean out tanks and they all want more than the one I found on Azamon for just over $100.

So yeah, Gary, I bought a new one! :nabble_smiley_happy: Will give it a coat of hammered paint when it comes as I doubt the cheap one is galvanized.

Working on a Ford is way cheaper than my Studebakers, when it comes to parts availability.

It is easy to spend more money on refurbishing an old tank than buying a new one. I think you chose wisely. :nabble_smiley_wink: