Bullnose Forums

Looking For An 85/85 ECU Bracket/Strap Combo Or Pictures Thereof

Thanks, Dane.

I hope to get it attached to the dash brace tomorrow. We shall see.

Actually, I'm going to pause this project right here as we have other things going on for the moment. Perhaps in the interim someone will say they have a bracket & retainer I can buy? That would make this cleaner & easier.

Anyone? :nabble_waving_orig: Do you have a complete bracket and strap/retainer for the ECU that mounts under the dash? From the snippet above I think that would be E5TZ 12A659-A. Right? If so it'll be marked either E5TE-12A659-AA or E6TF-12A659-AA.

Actually, I'm going to pause this project right here as we have other things going on for the moment. Perhaps in the interim someone will say they have a bracket & retainer I can buy? That would make this cleaner & easier.

Anyone? http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/waving_orig.gif Do you have a complete bracket and strap/retainer for the ECU that mounts under the dash? From the snippet above I think that would be E5TZ 12A659-A. Right? If so it'll be marked either E5TE-12A659-AA or E6TF-12A659-AA.

2010-04-06_232110_A1.jpg.727dd41e67914239e86bef03dfd6b4aa.jpg

Yes! Where did you find that?

It appears to have the computer running left/right as that tab looks like it goes to the speed control amplifier's mounting point. Right?

It was posted on JustAnswer when somebody was asking for the location of the ECU on an 85 F150 5.0. No other pictures sadly, but this one does help a bit.

Found this picture showing the computer and mount still attached to the cab:

David - That one you found today is now on its way to Skiatook. Thanks! For $23 inc shipping I couldn't go wrong.

Shaun - Thanks. That pic seems to go with the illustration you found. I really don't know how the computer is held in, but I guess we will find out.

John - The bracket I made would do a great job holding the 'puter in, but getting it welded to the dash brace in exactly the right position looks like an exercise in futility.

As for finding a factory one, if the one that David found works well then I'll need to find another for Dad's truck. But David has found two, and Shaun threw one away, so apparently they are out there. :nabble_smiley_wink: