Bullnose Forums

Ford Tailgate Lettering

JMUBullnose

Does anyone happen to have some of the Ford Tailgate letters for the '84 trucks? I know I can just order a set for ~$26 but my wife has a vinyl cutter and I want to actually do it myself with Oracal 651 vinyl.

I was hoping to find accurate (standardized) dimensions for the letters that won't potentially be wonky from my measuring on my own tailgate. I suppose I could also just buy one of the NOS kits...but that kind of defeats the purpose of using what I have on hand! :nabble_smiley_happy:

And if folks are interested in it - I'm happy to supply lettering at cost once I have a good pattern.

Your truck is a Styleside long or shortbox, correct?

I have an '84, but it's a Flareside. I will need tailgate letters at some point, but I'm not sure how long off that is yet.

Yeah - mine is Styleside - but if I get patterns I can make 'em for anything in any color that Oracal makes.

Yeah - mine is Styleside - but if I get patterns I can make 'em for anything in any color that Oracal makes.

I don't have any and don't need them because I have the trim panels for my trucks. But, I love the idea of having someone on here that can provide them in any color the vinyl comes in, which should cover most of the colors the trucks came in since the letters won't be directly against the other truck color. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't have any and don't need them because I have the trim panels for my trucks. But, I love the idea of having someone on here that can provide them in any color the vinyl comes in, which should cover most of the colors the trucks came in since the letters won't be directly against the other truck color. :nabble_smiley_good:

To that effect - I can do pretty much any cut out type of decal you can think of as well. I plan on doing a larger Ford Oval just to put on my tool box (But I may have to wait a bit on that - my wife is getting mad that I'm the one using her new 'toy' all the time!)

To that effect - I can do pretty much any cut out type of decal you can think of as well. I plan on doing a larger Ford Oval just to put on my tool box (But I may have to wait a bit on that - my wife is getting mad that I'm the one using her new 'toy' all the time!)

Gary, that is how your Garagemahal sign was made.