Bullnose Forums

Who makes/rebuilds good A/C compressors?

They do absorb moisture. However, it's slow... since the system still has some charge at all, it's still "dry". For the amount of time it'd be open for replacing the compressor (which is on the other side of the system), when I vacuum it down it'll pull the moisture out. Just leave it under vacuum for longer... that's how commercial driers are refurbished, actually.

Just rereading this. I like to pull vacuum for a long time. I think it’s beneficial for the long run.

They do absorb moisture. However, it's slow... since the system still has some charge at all, it's still "dry". For the amount of time it'd be open for replacing the compressor (which is on the other side of the system), when I vacuum it down it'll pull the moisture out. Just leave it under vacuum for longer... that's how commercial driers are refurbished, actually.

Just rereading this. I like to pull vacuum for a long time. I think it’s beneficial for the long run.

Yep. I usually keep the pump on for 30mins on a new drier, or 60 if reusuing a used one that hadn't been exposed.

Now to get some PAG oil... my bottle ran out. I think I ran PAG100 last time? edit- no, should have been PAG 46, which is specified for both the FS6 and FS10 (what my rangers use, and what I originally bought my bottle of oil for).