Bullnose Forums

Brake shoe linings [E2TZ-2007-A] - NOS

Nice price.

The MPC says those are part of Parts List #4, and that is for 1980 and later F250's and 350's with the 6.25M, 7.4M, or 8.2M rear axle. However, in PL #4 is says those shoes are for 1982 and later. So I don't know if they'll fit 1980 and '81 trucks.

Nice price.

The MPC says those are part of Parts List #4, and that is for 1980 and later F250's and 350's with the 6.25M, 7.4M, or 8.2M rear axle. However, in PL #4 is says those shoes are for 1982 and later. So I don't know if they'll fit 1980 and '81 trucks.

If somebody else needs the data point I've measured mine now. 1981 F-250 Custom (mfr'd 3/81) 6.6L V8 with the 8650 GVWR. I have a Dana 61 with a semi-float 30-spline axle and 9.75" ring gear, 3.73 ratio, axle capacity is rated 6250.

With all that said (I've learned to be VERY specific!) I have 3" shoes. It's really hard to tell from the photo or part number but just from a rough guess I THINK those might be 2.5". They look narrower than mine but it's hard to tell from the photo. If you want them you may want to contact the seller to confirm.

I purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9FQ44. I haven't installed them yet, just got them last night and it was too dark for driveway work (I'll report back here today if there's an issue). But I held them up next to the old and they look like the right parts.

If somebody else needs the data point I've measured mine now. 1981 F-250 Custom (mfr'd 3/81) 6.6L V8 with the 8650 GVWR. I have a Dana 61 with a semi-float 30-spline axle and 9.75" ring gear, 3.73 ratio, axle capacity is rated 6250.

With all that said (I've learned to be VERY specific!) I have 3" shoes. It's really hard to tell from the photo or part number but just from a rough guess I THINK those might be 2.5". They look narrower than mine but it's hard to tell from the photo. If you want them you may want to contact the seller to confirm.

I purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9FQ44. I haven't installed them yet, just got them last night and it was too dark for driveway work (I'll report back here today if there's an issue). But I held them up next to the old and they look like the right parts.

Good info.

Those are supposed to be 3" wide, according to the MPC. But you are right, it would be good to know for sure before buying them.

Do you have a part number for your shoes?

Good info.

Those are supposed to be 3" wide, according to the MPC. But you are right, it would be good to know for sure before buying them.

Do you have a part number for your shoes?

I don't have an exact part number, I think they were replaced at least once (I mean, even for drum brakes 40 years is a long time) just not recently. I'll post some pics over in the Rocky thread.