Bullnose Forums

Advice on lost of compression

Tallyho

What kind of pressure is the compressor holding in the cylinder? And, how often does it have to run?

If you are able to keep something like 100 psi in the cylinder then the size of the compressor, or I should say the volume of the compressor, doesn't matter. The pressure is what holds the valve in place, and if yours will do it then a bigger compressor wouldn't make any difference.

Where a bigger compressor would help is if your compressor is having to run continuously to keep the cylinder filled. A bigger compressor would have enough volume to be able to handle the leakage you have without running as long or often as yours. But if yours isn't having to run a lot then a bigger one won't help.

Want to thank you guys for all the advice. Compressor wouldn't build up enough pressure so I used the rope trick. Installed the new spring and I have compression again. I cranked down the rocker arm but did not use a torque wrench. Is that something I should worry about?

Want to thank you guys for all the advice. Compressor wouldn't build up enough pressure so I used the rope trick. Installed the new spring and I have compression again. I cranked down the rocker arm but did not use a torque wrench. Is that something I should worry about?

If it didn't strip out then you didn't get it too tight. And if you "cranked it down" you probably got it tight enough. :nabble_smiley_good:

Anyway, glad you got it fixed!