Bullnose Forums

Well I may have found my next truck, but I have questions

The front driveshaft would have to be lengthened correct Pete?

That is a good point, yes it would. I did not think of that. I got all the stuff from a '95 with a 351w and the E4OD, so the front driveshaft I got was already the correct length.

It would probably be cheaper to source a used front shaft from a later truck, than to have an earlier trucks front shaft lengthened.

Ok, I like the idea of getting a front driveshaft and rear for that matter. Would be nice to find a donor truck like you did. Get the crossmember and all.

If there was one thing I did to my truck, it would be the E4OD. Even though I like my C6 a lot for it’s brute toughness, glug, glug ,glug on the gasoline!

TurnBurn -

Im not sure on the axle differences between certain years of bullnose F250/F350 trucks. for a while the F350 had the same Dana 50 TTB as the 250, but they stopped doing that at some point mid was through the bullnose run. there is a lot of really good info in the documentation tabs on this site about what vehicles came with what options. it might take a few hours, but if you read around there you will probably know more than anyone on the internet. As for the missing motor- I guess 460s are pretty common. Id be worried slightly about finding one where all of the stuff (accessory drive, hoses, etc) lined up relatively easy.

if youre nervous about the transmission and dont have an engine anyways, perhaps this is a good opportunity to consider an engine/transmission swap to basically whatever you want. if what you want is a 460 and a c6, all the merrier. if you wanted, say a small block and a manual transmission, no better time than the present to get moving on that.

just thought.

I'm sorry, I responded to John but not to you.

Is this truck 2wd or 4wd? If it is 2wd and you want to go 4wd then you are going to have a lot of work to do since the frames are different in the front. We have a couple of guys on here that have converted and it was a significant effort.

If it is 4wd then you'll have a very poor ride as it will have TTB's and leaf springs. I am not a fan of that combo, so I converted Big Blue to solid axle and SuperDuty springs and went from 2" of articulation to almost 8" and a much improved ride.

As for "converting to a one ton", if it is an HD F250 it basically is a one ton as the frames, springs, and axles in the rear are the same. What is the GVWR on the truck? If more than 8500 # then you are there.