Bullnose Forums

1982 F100 former military with claimed 14K miles and 3.8L engine...

Look closely at the listed vehicle curb weight:

That 3181 lbs doesn't really surprise me. I weighed my '84 Flareside, and if I remember correctly I had the curb weight on it around 3375 lbs. This truck with the 3.8V6 would definitely be lighter than my 302, but by how much I don't know...somewhere between 50-100 lbs? My "fat" wheels and tires were heavy as well. I know Gary mentioned previously that side by side, a swb Styleside truck was lighter than the comparible Flarside, but I can't remember how much that difference was. I would have thought the difference to be the other way, but the Ford documentation says no.

• 2 weeks later...

Look closely at the listed vehicle curb weight:

That 3181 lbs doesn't really surprise me. I weighed my '84 Flareside, and if I remember correctly I had the curb weight on it around 3375 lbs. This truck with the 3.8V6 would definitely be lighter than my 302, but by how much I don't know...somewhere between 50-100 lbs? My "fat" wheels and tires were heavy as well. I know Gary mentioned previously that side by side, a swb Styleside truck was lighter than the comparible Flarside, but I can't remember how much that difference was. I would have thought the difference to be the other way, but the Ford documentation says no.

SOLD for $5450.