Bullnose Forum

Electrical Circuitry Clean Up - Circuit/Junction Box

Machspeed

If you ordered that one I referenced above, that's the one I have, quick tip. Use your heat gun's highest setting, but also, shrink both sides FIRST, then come in and hit the center until you clearly see it give way. The solder is nice to have but there isn't a lot of it, it's not super strong. If you hit the whole connector at once, it can fall apart while you're holding it while it's still hot. Heating the sides first seems to glue it all together.

Thanks for the suggestion. And I did get the same kit, only the 200-piece one.

John - Here are my thoughts of what connections you'll need for the PDB:

• Headlights: You'll need four connections: 1 for the low beam trigger; 1 for the high beam trigger; one for the low beam output; one for the high beam output

• Voltmeter: That relay will have two connections to it: 1 for the trigger; one for the output

• Blower: There are two things that can be done if you want to do it to take the load off the switches and speed up the blower motor. You can use a relay to supply power to the motor, and you can use a relay to supply the ground for the high speed setting. To do that you'll need two connections per relay, so four connections if you want to do this. I don't know how effective it is, but I think Scott did some tests so you might search for that.

• Fuse Links: You could replace the several fuse links with fuses if you want, but I'm not sure it is worth it. I did it on Big Blue and Scott did it on his truck, and I may do it on Dad's truck as well. But, there's no huge advantage to it, so I don't know that you need to do it.

• Ground: You will need ground, but the way I recommend is to bring your ground lead out and terminate it with a ring-tongue terminal. Then put it under a ground connection that you probably already have. That way you don't need a connector but can remove the box.

What other functions or relays are you thinking about? Fog lights? Backup lights?

Ill be posting my aftermarket box this weekend. I ordered it when I ordered replacement header gasket set after soaking one side in engine oil last weekend.

Looking forward to seeing this, Rusty.

Gary, thank you for your input. Just need to decide which way to go on the connectors now.