Bullnose Forums

M5odr2

Brother: I went to the junk yard and located a the M5odR2 cross member, and the tunnel cover. The pickings are very slim and was not able to locate the 84-86 manual trans hydraulic clutch pedal set. Is there another option that might work? The rest I can order online. Thanks in advance.

I was able to locate a decent M5ROD2 transmission on a 93 F150. I will replace the concentric slave cylinder and the shifter needs a rebuild kit. I also grabbed the hydraulic line and master cylinder. Should I have grabbed the pedal set too?

Thanks!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to locate a decent M5ROD2 transmission on a 93 F150. I will replace the concentric slave cylinder and the shifter needs a rebuild kit. I also grabbed the hydraulic line and master cylinder. Should I have grabbed the pedal set too?

Thanks!

No sir, the pedal set from a '93 will not work in the Bullnose cab unfortunately. Congrats on locating a trans finally. The 1993 trans will not have provision for the speedometer cable, in case you were planning to keep the stock Bullnose speedometer. Otherwise the trans is the same.

Thanks!

No sir, the pedal set from a '93 will not work in the Bullnose cab unfortunately. Congrats on locating a trans finally. The 1993 trans will not have provision for the speedometer cable, in case you were planning to keep the stock Bullnose speedometer. Otherwise the trans is the same.

Thanks. I have a 84-86 pedal set located. Since being a 93 transmission I’d imagine that the concentric slave cylinder, hydraulic line, and master cylinder will have to be for a 93 too, correct? What about the clutch disk, press and flywheel?

Since being a 93 transmission I’d imagine that the concentric slave cylinder, hydraulic line, and master cylinder will have to be for a 93 too, correct?

It's a good idea to keep them all the same year, yes. Certain years can mix and match, but 1992-up there were some differences, so keep them all the same just to be safe.

What about the clutch disk, press and flywheel?

For that I don't think it matters as long as the flywheel is correct for the engine. The 5spds came with an 11' clutch, so that is what I'd install.

• 1 month later...

Since being a 93 transmission I’d imagine that the concentric slave cylinder, hydraulic line, and master cylinder will have to be for a 93 too, correct?

It's a good idea to keep them all the same year, yes. Certain years can mix and match, but 1992-up there were some differences, so keep them all the same just to be safe.

What about the clutch disk, press and flywheel?

For that I don't think it matters as long as the flywheel is correct for the engine. The 5spds came with an 11' clutch, so that is what I'd install.

What’s this connector go to?

0D4F5E8B-337E-4044-B40F-DDC550CB39A9.jpeg.cc5b87299eb1f5dbbb13b24925577b3e.jpeg

TIA!

• 7 months later...

Brother: I went to the junk yard and located a the M5odR2 cross member, and the tunnel cover. The pickings are very slim and was not able to locate the 84-86 manual trans hydraulic clutch pedal set. Is there another option that might work? The rest I can order online. Thanks in advance.

If you can't find a set locally, check Car-Part.com and I think you'll find them. Here's a screenshot of a quick search in the Midwest. I know you're in Texas, but search around and you'll find a set that somebody will ship.

I finally have all the parts for the M5ROD2 swap but I’m having a hard time telling the difference between the 81 pedal set and the one 84-86 that supposedly is for a hydraulic clutch bullnose….. any intel forthcoming is very welcomed.

E4TA-2L252-CB Part number for the “84-86”

E1TA-2L252-AA currently have on the 81

I finally have all the parts for the M5ROD2 swap but I’m having a hard time telling the difference between the 81 pedal set and the one 84-86 that supposedly is for a hydraulic clutch bullnose….. any intel forthcoming is very welcomed.

which one is in the picture? the e1 or e4? ford did not change parts castings without a good reason. so, the 84 had to be a flaw correction or redesign for an upgrade. many times, we see e codes used for many years. without knowing the reason for the change, I would try to keep the same pedal assembly for the year/type of the transmission you install.

Supposedly it is of a hydraulic clutch pedal set. Got it from google.

I’ll post pics of mine later.