Bullnose Forums

1986 Factory Service Manuals

As you said, that's a very nice price even with the shipping. However, that's a mix of Light Duty & Medium Duty books. The Engine book says "Medium Duty" and those trucks had a very different set of engines than our Light Duty trucks did.

What engines did they use? I don't know for sure as there may be an issue with Ford's naming conventions. I know our FSM's say "Light Duty", as does our Master Parts Catalog. But in the next notch up the MPC is called Heavy Duty and says it is for Truck Series 600/900. So is that the same trucks as the Medium Duty FSM covers? I think it is, but I'm not sure.

If so, here are the engines that book covers:

Medium_Duty_Engines.thumb.jpg.d46336ea306ce9903ed5dcf25883217c.jpg

As you said, that's a very nice price even with the shipping. However, that's a mix of Light Duty & Medium Duty books. The Engine book says "Medium Duty" and those trucks had a very different set of engines than our Light Duty trucks did.

What engines did they use? I don't know for sure as there may be an issue with Ford's naming conventions. I know our FSM's say "Light Duty", as does our Master Parts Catalog. But in the next notch up the MPC is called Heavy Duty and says it is for Truck Series 600/900. So is that the same trucks as the Medium Duty FSM covers? I think it is, but I'm not sure.

If so, here are the engines that book covers:

Oh jeez! My bad. I saw the two body manuals but didn’t catch that the engine was medium duty.

Thanks Gary! :nabble_smiley_blush: