Bullnose Forums

Fuel Issues.

jmadigan

No problem, I completely redid the wiring on my truck, everything is pretty much 1996 now I learned how to get them apart, the ones that do come apart.

Before you go looking for a fusible link, see if you can find the diode in the harness, Ford eliminated them in the newer trucks so it may have been a high failure item. If you can locate it, jumper it across and see if the priming function works then. If it does, you're good to go with it.

I did see the diode I will try this first

• 1 month later...

I did see the diode I will try this first

The problem seemed to resolve itself it starts first try every morning now still fairly cold. I had a separate issue where I lost spark intermittently and found I pinched my tachometer wire from the coil behind the clutch pedal I fixed that and it hasn’t done it since. I dunno guys

The problem seemed to resolve itself it starts first try every morning now still fairly cold. I had a separate issue where I lost spark intermittently and found I pinched my tachometer wire from the coil behind the clutch pedal I fixed that and it hasn’t done it since. I dunno guys

Problems that magically go away worry me 'cause I'm always afraid they'll magically come back. Is there any chance the no-spark issue was the cause of the problem all along?

shorting the distributor can have that affect

thats what i was thinking wonder if i was losing some current through the crushed wire and now I moved down a bumpy dirt road finally made it just quit all together. But I haven't had any issues since. I'm going to start her up in the cold tonight and make sure.

thats what i was thinking wonder if i was losing some current through the crushed wire and now I moved down a bumpy dirt road finally made it just quit all together. But I haven't had any issues since. I'm going to start her up in the cold tonight and make sure.

fix what you find first. disregard nothing. everything was put there and done that way for a reason. if we were all smarter than ford engineers, we would not be ford enthusiasts.