Bullnose Forums

fuel cap

Gsmblue

I replaced all the fuel caps last March on all 3 of my vehicles. I was filling up Elyza at the weekend and I noticed the rubber seal had already perished on both the caps!

I only use ethanol free in these old trucks (my milage is so low the cost is not a factor).

Any suggestions on a decent fuel cap or replacement rubber seal? Or is just how it is going to be?

What brand?

I've not had issues with my Motorad cap... and I do run regular 87 octane E10 (what I can get, I drive it enough that water absorption hasn't been an issue).

I had Stant non locking caps. I ordered some motorad ones this time around, thanks.

Were they old stock?

More specifically, from whence did they come? My nephew will not install a part that was supplied by Rock Auto as he's had many of them fail. Maybe they were returns? Maybe they were manufacturing rejects? I don't know, but he will NOT install a part from RA.

Were they old stock?

More specifically, from whence did they come? My nephew will not install a part that was supplied by Rock Auto as he's had many of them fail. Maybe they were returns? Maybe they were manufacturing rejects? I don't know, but he will NOT install a part from RA.

My Motorad cap actually *did* come from RA.

Only issues I've run into was getting sent the wrong brake caliper once, and getting a set of wholesaler closeout KYB struts for a '94 tempo that were very old and had very little gas charge left (excel-G's, they are supposed to be charged!). Otherwise, I've had pretty good luck with RA... just knowing to be careful with any closeouts on things that might have an expiration date.

My Motorad cap actually *did* come from RA.

Only issues I've run into was getting sent the wrong brake caliper once, and getting a set of wholesaler closeout KYB struts for a '94 tempo that were very old and had very little gas charge left (excel-G's, they are supposed to be charged!). Otherwise, I've had pretty good luck with RA... just knowing to be careful with any closeouts on things that might have an expiration date.

I got the stants through Amazon..