Bullnose Forums

Electric issues

El Chapo

I'd thought of going with friction tape, but just ordered that loom tape. Thanks!

However, I agree with Bill that I don't want things nailed down so tightly that I can't shape it as needed. So my plan is to run the loom tape around a run of wires with spaces between the tape, and then cover that with split-loom. And, I'll tape the ends of the split-loom so it doesn't move the the wires inside can flex a bit.

I’m finally putting everything back together after installing the new wire harness and the rebuild injectors, Vacuum hoses have me stumped!

Can someone tell me where the Y shaped vacuum hoses coming out of the throttle body go/get connected Looks like they head towards the back of the engine under manifold. I can see the BPV on the valve cover but there is also an elbow connector on the actual upper manifold, both have a larger diameter hose fitting so a bit confused.

Thx for any help. Almost ready to get it on the road.254813E7-9035-492D-8BCA-BEA4E528F043.jpeg.3ea425fdd20ce15b3fe8fbcd7ef08bdc.jpeg

I’m finally putting everything back together after installing the new wire harness and the rebuild injectors, Vacuum hoses have me stumped!

Can someone tell me where the Y shaped vacuum hoses coming out of the throttle body go/get connected Looks like they head towards the back of the engine under manifold. I can see the BPV on the valve cover but there is also an elbow connector on the actual upper manifold, both have a larger diameter hose fitting so a bit confused.

Thx for any help. Almost ready to get it on the road.

if you are talking about the two 3/16" lines that come off the base of the throttle body on an efi. they get connected to a y fitting then a 1/4" hose goes to the charcoal canister by the battery. true they come out of the throttle body on the distributor side, but they swing underneath and toward the front. later models had a single 1/4" port on the passenger side with a purge solenoid and the "t" was integral in the throttle body. so yes, they fixed it later on.

if you are talking about the two 3/16" lines that come off the base of the throttle body on an efi. they get connected to a y fitting then a 1/4" hose goes to the charcoal canister by the battery. true they come out of the throttle body on the distributor side, but they swing underneath and toward the front. later models had a single 1/4" port on the passenger side with a purge solenoid and the "t" was integral in the throttle body. so yes, they fixed it later on.

Thanks Mat, it’s starting to get a little clearer here’s a picture just to confirm and that it connects to the hard plastic tube connected to the charcoal can. 2EC65182-8335-4B47-93CB-9860BAEE9B0A.jpeg.a542fa3da401518162b312276c5bd8d3.jpeg

I had it reversed but for this picture I flipped it like you said going towards the can next to the battery.

Thanks Mat, it’s starting to get a little clearer here’s a picture just to confirm and that it connects to the hard plastic tube connected to the charcoal can.

I had it reversed but for this picture I flipped it like you said going towards the can next to the battery.

that is correct. it usually goes under the throttle body and comes out more in line with the heater hose and the steel extension before turning toward the canister. it's routed that way to stay clear of belt driven accessories.

Thanks Mat, it’s starting to get a little clearer here’s a picture just to confirm and that it connects to the hard plastic tube connected to the charcoal can.

Also where does the PCV port/elbow on the back of the upper manifold go? Does it go to the passenger side valve cover.?

Also where does the PCV port/elbow on the back of the upper manifold go? Does it go to the passenger side valve cover.?

pcv valve/90 goes in the passenger side valve cover and the hose goes to the upper intake. some models have a fitting coming out the back of the upper plenum facing the firewall and uses a short hose to connect, and some others have an extra 3/8" port on the top of the upper intake on the driver side and require a longer hose to reach it

pcv valve/90 goes in the passenger side valve cover and the hose goes to the upper intake. some models have a fitting coming out the back of the upper plenum facing the firewall and uses a short hose to connect, and some others have an extra 3/8" port on the top of the upper intake on the driver side and require a longer hose to reach it

Thank you I think I’m finally getting there your help has been an encouragement and a great help.

still no start!! Darn. Fuel in the line up to the new FPR but not going into the rail, etc. what the operates the fpr?

still no start!! Darn. Fuel in the line up to the new FPR but not going into the rail, etc. what the operates the fpr?

hold up! wait a minute! the fuel pressure regulator is downstream of the rail and injectors. it regulates by letting excess pressure to bleed off back to the tank it came from.

hold up! wait a minute! the fuel pressure regulator is downstream of the rail and injectors. it regulates by letting excess pressure to bleed off back to the tank it came from.

the two fuel lines are made different sizes so that no mistakes are made in this regard at the factory. double check where your fuel is. are you priming the system? it does not simply need fuel. it needs fuel at pressure to atomize.