Bullnose Forums

Electric issues

El Chapo

Thx Mat, I assume that explains the tailpipe carbon spit and smoke? I’ll change the oil asap, and get all new injectors making sure that they are properly lubricated and sealed, I’ll inspect the fuel rail itself especially the rear tubing section that connects the right and left side on the rail.

Is this a good approach? Not doing the cheapo Amazon injector but ones from Napa.?

good plan. unfortunately, I'm hearing "but they are new" way more than I like. I'm finding new injectors that I'm very suspicious of as just being cleaned and painted. and I'm being very forgiving in that statement! I clean injectors too. and I wire brush the crud off the outside also because I clean everything. but to tape off the color code plastic body and spray paint the steel black is NOT a new injector. and I'm sure those can be found on ebay .

good plan. unfortunately, I'm hearing "but they are new" way more than I like. I'm finding new injectors that I'm very suspicious of as just being cleaned and painted. and I'm being very forgiving in that statement! I clean injectors too. and I wire brush the crud off the outside also because I clean everything. but to tape off the color code plastic body and spray paint the steel black is NOT a new injector. and I'm sure those can be found on ebay .

Good heads up! I’ll be certain as I can in making sure that they are new and not made in china! If that’s even possible. Otherwise I’ll just pull out the originals put on new o rings again before spending 300$ on the “ new” injectors!

Good heads up! I’ll be certain as I can in making sure that they are new and not made in china! If that’s even possible. Otherwise I’ll just pull out the originals put on new o rings again before spending 300$ on the “ new” injectors!

new injectors are a great option. just consider the source.

Going with these “new made in the USA” by Echlin. Just under 40$ each.

we save our money on labor. buy good parts! those look good. if budget demands then buying four at a time and replacing the ones under the upper manifold at once makes sense then doing the others later, even one at a time is not as much of a chore.

we save our money on labor. buy good parts! those look good. if budget demands then buying four at a time and replacing the ones under the upper manifold at once makes sense then doing the others later, even one at a time is not as much of a chore.

In regards to the loss of fuel pressure I doubled checked all of my fuel lines and found a very slow leak at the rail connector. More and more I’m not feeling comfortable with the new nylon tubing /quick connects I replaced. However… I may have blown them up when I had the fuel lines reversed and stacked fuel that had no where to go? At minimum I’ll replace the lines from the pressure pump forward.

What do you recommend for replacement fuel lines there or all?

In regards to the loss of fuel pressure I doubled checked all of my fuel lines and found a very slow leak at the rail connector. More and more I’m not feeling comfortable with the new nylon tubing /quick connects I replaced. However… I may have blown them up when I had the fuel lines reversed and stacked fuel that had no where to go? At minimum I’ll replace the lines from the pressure pump forward.

What do you recommend for replacement fuel lines there or all?

at this time just repair any leaks you find. if you can source any proper fuel lines with factory fittings then it is smart to do so. the most important being the one between the rail pump and fuel rail of course

at this time just repair any leaks you find. if you can source any proper fuel lines with factory fittings then it is smart to do so. the most important being the one between the rail pump and fuel rail of course

Just pulled out one of the new plugs out and it looked like one of the older one I pulled out so something serious is going on inside the cylinders darn!!!!!!!

pictures

This is one of the better ones, I didn’t take pictures of the ones out of cylinders 3 & 4 but they were twice as bad as this. Only ran for 10 minutes max while sitting mostly on idle but a few rev up’s. Drained oil and it smells like fuel to me definitely not like new oil. I’ll get a second opinion for the smell could just be me.C57F6AE2-41C6-471D-A549-2218BA6A25A6.thumb.jpeg.548a4891a630c66a72b2b10626afcc8e.jpeg