Bullnose Forums

Electric issues

El Chapo

gary you are slipping

i hate when these things happen. it's very demotivating. now is when you stop. back up. go get a cup of coffee or "whatever". and think.

this is now a whole new diagnosis just as if it was just brought to you ten minutes ago sight unseen. go back to basics. what does it do and what does it not do? does it have fuel pressure and how much? does it have spark and how much? is it wired on the proper firing order? there are two! std 302/5.0 and h.o. 5.0/ 5.8.

go through the checklist .

i hate when these things happen. it's very demotivating. now is when you stop. back up. go get a cup of coffee or "whatever". and think.

this is now a whole new diagnosis just as if it was just brought to you ten minutes ago sight unseen. go back to basics. what does it do and what does it not do? does it have fuel pressure and how much? does it have spark and how much? is it wired on the proper firing order? there are two! std 302/5.0 and h.o. 5.0/ 5.8.

Ok I’ll take your advice..step back and reanalyze. But yes very frustrating when I feel I am onto something that’s a possible solution, but then turns out to be two other things that need to be dealt with just takes it out of you. Maybe the next thing I buy is a “for sale” sign ha! I really felt like that today! Not a quitter so I’ll move forward.

Thanks guys for getting back to me so quickly today I truly feel you guys get it and care.

Thx

It looks like it is running VERY rich. I'd check to see that the choke is opening fully. If so I'd check to see if the power valve in the carb is blown. Either of those can cause that condition.

We’re are those two things on an EFI

Where would I find a spark plug wiring diagram for my 302 EFI? I don’t believe I have the HO option but if I do how would I confirm it

Where would I find a spark plug wiring diagram for my 302 EFI? I don’t believe I have the HO option but if I do how would I confirm it

it should be 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 and that is counting counterclockwise. there may be a diagram here in docs but it is in chiltons or haynes manuals also. but if you google 5.0w firing order you should find a lot and diagrams where number one should be also. if your truck runs yet the position is slightly different from the diagrams trust yours at this point . I'm only speaking of the number 1 position as its the starting point. then verify that each is in the proper order. also pay attention to the "routing instructions".

2CDEC7AC-0BAF-4EEB-A5CF-15E1C0A4F1AA.thumb.jpeg.cc149b4e31f2a7466d51a3681e22e760.jpegSorry for my simple and easy to confuse mind but does this seem correct? Starts up quickly and sounds relatively strong but kinda rough and don’t wanna go! Gonna go get a fuel pressure tool and check that out.

Sorry for my simple and easy to confuse mind but does this seem correct? Starts up quickly and sounds relatively strong but kinda rough and don’t wanna go! Gonna go get a fuel pressure tool and check that out.

Pressure test:

Slowly went up to a high of 28psi, while idling, rev it up a bit and went down to 20 and stayed. Turned engine off and pressure slowly going down from 20, Now after 10 minutes off sitting at about 10 psi. No visible fuel leaks from inline pump and filters.

I think we should be at around 40 psi? So?