Bullnose Forums

Electric issues

El Chapo

the two fuel lines are made different sizes so that no mistakes are made in this regard at the factory. double check where your fuel is. are you priming the system? it does not simply need fuel. it needs fuel at pressure to atomize.

I went back and reread the thread. you say that you can hear the fuel pump. which one do you hear? if the only pump running is the in-tank pump, it will not start. its only there to prime the rail pump which is the one supplying operating pressure for the injectors.

hold up! wait a minute! the fuel pressure regulator is downstream of the rail and injectors. it regulates by letting excess pressure to bleed off back to the tank it came from.

Ok so I have the lines switched and that would make sense. But before I switch them, I will note that the line that is coming from the in-line filter which is feed by the high pressure pump is connected to the fpr side of the rail my understanding now is that it should go to the other side of the fuel rail?

I check which pump is turn on a bit later

Ok so I have the lines switched and that would make sense. But before I switch them, I will note that the line that is coming from the in-line filter which is feed by the high pressure pump is connected to the fpr side of the rail my understanding now is that it should go to the other side of the fuel rail?

I check which pump is turn on a bit later

We’ll hells bells I have a runner lines were switched… rookie mistake my bad. Sounds ok at idle rev a little rough so I fix those vacuum hoses. Thank you Mat!!!

Thanks to everyone for the help!!

very good. glad to help. I'm a little confused at how that was possible, but I guess the early models had fuel lines the same size. I now want to figure out that for certain! maybe we find out why they dropped the stamped steel rail also. maybe we figure out why the rest of them have Shrader valves.

very good. glad to help. I'm a little confused at how that was possible, but I guess the early models had fuel lines the same size. I now want to figure out that for certain! maybe we find out why they dropped the stamped steel rail also. maybe we figure out why the rest of them have Shrader valves.

Hey Mat, I took pictures of the fuel rail etc, before I put everything back together and as you can see both tube connectors are the same size but one side is larger past the connecting point. Which I now understand is the fuel inlet side. 961AEA5A-24C3-4792-B482-D3372D52B008.jpeg.3c45456f7ba948acae796afe472e5c9a.jpeg

Hey Mat, I took pictures of the fuel rail etc, before I put everything back together and as you can see both tube connectors are the same size but one side is larger past the connecting point. Which I now understand is the fuel inlet side.

380B7079-8B1E-4643-93C9-F8BC8A1E13AA.jpeg.2eecfd7b7237964ac333806980afa1ca.jpeg

I had been meaning to post this of my completed harness.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mat, I took pictures of the fuel rail etc, before I put everything back together and as you can see both tube connectors are the same size but one side is larger past the connecting point. Which I now understand is the fuel inlet side.

Well it starts …but it’s “All Bronc and no go! :( maybe it’s time to give up on this engine have it rebuild it or acquire a new engine one? Take a look at these pictures! Installed new plugs not much improvement and now it pops like back firing or something.

Darn it right!!

ACC51B52-8A3C-4140-B6ED-10A88F78F936.jpeg.805e519df83826754459f85485068b74.jpeg

36EA157E-C68F-4656-812E-CE04750DA26E.jpeg.fc06105bd6d52a297334b0a62ae4cea4.jpeg

Well it starts …but it’s “All Bronc and no go! :( maybe it’s time to give up on this engine have it rebuild it or acquire a new engine one? Take a look at these pictures! Installed new plugs not much improvement and now it pops like back firing or something.

Darn it right!!

It looks like it is running VERY rich. I'd check to see that the choke is opening fully. If so I'd check to see if the power valve in the carb is blown. Either of those can cause that condition.