Bullnose Forums

Electric issues

El Chapo

Good recommendations thank you and as I get further into it I’ll switch over. To fuses makes sense to me.

Any reason why pumps go on but the relay doesn’t click? still “no start” even with fuel pressure in the line as described earlier and dry schrader valve.

I was referring to the manufacturer's finances. as in dimes multiplied by thousands means more to the bean counters then to the man diagnosing his truck in the cold rain halfway between anywhere and nowhere.

I still am not settled on why a fusible link instead of just using a fuse in a holder. it must have been a financial thing, but a fuse is so much easier to find and diagnose.

I misread that, my apologizes! You are extremely helpful and I have appreciated your valuable helping me through this. Feeling like I’m close to getting this thing running just need to figure out why it’s still not starting could it be that the non clicking relay has something to do with it. Also gonna check the fuel line at injector rail etc, and check fuel there.

Thx

That is the connector to the trailer electric brake controller.

Do you know what/where the part number would be for the fuel injector wiring harness. mine is in bad shape and needs replacement having a hard time locating one. Are these still available if not what’s the solution

Do you know what/where the part number would be for the fuel injector wiring harness. mine is in bad shape and needs replacement having a hard time locating one. Are these still available if not what’s the solution

Check out our page at Documentation/Electrical/Wiring Harnesses. It happens to have the harness, which I think is 12A581 for the base number. But there are several of them so you'll have to chose which one.

However, I don't think they are still available. But you may find that I'm wrong.

Oops, I forgot the solution bit. If your connectors are good you might be able to splice wire in to fix the harness. If not you might be able to make your own as most of Ford's connectors are available individually - see the page at Documentation/Electrical/Connectors. Or, maybe Painless makes one?

Oops, I forgot the solution bit. If your connectors are good you might be able to splice wire in to fix the harness. If not you might be able to make your own as most of Ford's connectors are available individually - see the page at Documentation/Electrical/Connectors. Or, maybe Painless makes one?

Thank you much appreciated

Thank you much appreciated

I tried to find a new harness about 3 years ago (a full one) as my wiring was very brittle.

IMG_20180510_080134207.jpg.df951810617988eeed944753801c0774.jpg

There were no new Ford harnesses and the only kits were generic and used their own (non ford) connectors so would have been even more complicated. I ended up pulling harness out of 2 other trucks I found then, opening up the harnesses (including my original) and cherry picking the best of the 3 wires for each circuit.

IMG_20190104_184902216.jpg.e637dd1f2a666aa598dbe014b59db85e.jpg

I was able to free the wires from most of the plastic multi-pin connectors using an eye-glass repair screw driver to depress the little tab inside the plastic connector that holds the metal connector (crimped on the wire) in place. The new, better wire then just snaps back into the plastic connector. The metal connectors on the wires are available, but I only found them in combination multi packs, which isn't an easy way to get what you want. I opted not to use new wires because I needed more than 7 colors to keep from confusing myself about what wire was which circuit.

There are some connectors, especially outside the firewall (i think the ignition circuits) that are molded so the wires cannot be detached. I used new non-ford waterproof connectors to replace those.

I tried to find a new harness about 3 years ago (a full one) as my wiring was very brittle.

There were no new Ford harnesses and the only kits were generic and used their own (non ford) connectors so would have been even more complicated. I ended up pulling harness out of 2 other trucks I found then, opening up the harnesses (including my original) and cherry picking the best of the 3 wires for each circuit.

I was able to free the wires from most of the plastic multi-pin connectors using an eye-glass repair screw driver to depress the little tab inside the plastic connector that holds the metal connector (crimped on the wire) in place. The new, better wire then just snaps back into the plastic connector. The metal connectors on the wires are available, but I only found them in combination multi packs, which isn't an easy way to get what you want. I opted not to use new wires because I needed more than 7 colors to keep from confusing myself about what wire was which circuit.

There are some connectors, especially outside the firewall (i think the ignition circuits) that are molded so the wires cannot be detached. I used new non-ford waterproof connectors to replace those.

9A95BB14-7981-4199-B77E-D868CA42930E.jpeg.2f3499252d98a5ed374498d156f0477e.jpegWow that’s an impressive project you took on there, Thanks for sharing I’m starting with the fuel injector harness, since I can find a new one.