Bullnose Forums

Electric issues

El Chapo

Had my son turn ignition on/off for me heard/felt no clicking on the green relay, drivers side firewall. is that the fuel pump relay?

Removed Inertia switch and use multimeter on prongs reading settled on 4, shook inertia to trigger it open, no reading, pushed button closed got reading again. Assuming it’s good.?

Removed Inertia switch and use multimeter on prongs reading settled on 4, shook inertia to trigger it open, no reading, pushed button closed got reading again. Assuming it’s good.?

i will double check some wiring specs. the one at the firewall under the hood is fuel pump on an 86 but mine has Both relays there in a holder holding them in a rain cover. one is the ecu relay. you have a relay dangling on carpet and it makes sense that it's for the ecu. ecu is right there also

i will double check some wiring specs. the one at the firewall under the hood is fuel pump on an 86 but mine has Both relays there in a holder holding them in a rain cover. one is the ecu relay. you have a relay dangling on carpet and it makes sense that it's for the ecu. ecu is right there also

if you have no 12v being switched on/off at the inertia switch then you will have none at the fuel pump relay. not getting from ecu or ecu relay

if you have no 12v being switched on/off at the inertia switch then you will have none at the fuel pump relay. not getting from ecu or ecu relay

In trying to solve the dangling circuits in your pictures, can you show the plug configuration and describe the wire colors. Any stripes or dots on the wires are hard to see. Also can you tell if they are coming off your main harness or out of the EEC box/sub harness.

I’ll check for a constant 12V

Thx Mat.

Also found this left over part from the previous owners work I’m guessing he replaced it for some reason?6E4AFB66-94FA-4C05-B839-020484A9C58F.jpeg.01f47ebf53104ff18e10d39e3d071b41.jpeg

In trying to solve the dangling circuits in your pictures, can you show the plug configuration and describe the wire colors. Any stripes or dots on the wires are hard to see. Also can you tell if they are coming off your main harness or out of the EEC box/sub harness.

Thx for your help…here’s some close up pic hopefully it help’s looks like it’s not directly coming off the ecu but from the same harness

Color’s appears to be red, tan & black

6B77EBE1-8072-41A0-9610-C7C8E412A3F4.jpeg.0051fa400b1edc071efddf987222105d.jpeg

Thx for your help…here’s some close up pic hopefully it help’s looks like it’s not directly coming off the ecu but from the same harness

Color’s appears to be red, tan & black

Yet another dangle coming from the inside the cab firewall looks like similar type of connector. Close to column base

254CD380-901C-43F6-9808-F44D00B5221B.jpeg.cdf427de87193afb96eac70156cd4633.jpeg

I’ll check for a constant 12V

Thx Mat.

Also found this left over part from the previous owners work I’m guessing he replaced it for some reason?

The left over part is the turn signal switch. A new one will have all the wires that run down the steering column about a foot or so to a curved connector (C305)