Bullnose Forums

Tire rub

snakebite8

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that i can see bump stops there. if I'm right then there is only about 1/2 of travel. however, there seems to be something on the passenger side where the axle meets the springs that I don't recognize.

how long are the rear shackles? can you get a picture of the front spring hangers?

i think that i can see bump stops there. if I'm right then there is only about 1/2 of travel. however, there seems to be something on the passenger side where the axle meets the springs that I don't recognize.

how long are the rear shackles? can you get a picture of the front spring hangers?

Rears have the stops. I’ll look into more tomorrow morning for u

Mat did u get a chance to look at the front springs. I believe they r cut

Mat did u get a chance to look at the front springs. I believe they r cut

from looking at your springs I believe they have been cut but pics can be deceiving. try to get a measurement of the length of the spring at ride height sitting on the ground. if you need to jack it up to get good access, put solid blocks under the tires and put the trucks weight back on them. jack stands in other places will not give true measurements. car ramps are good. just be safe about going under a truck.

from looking at your springs I believe they have been cut but pics can be deceiving. try to get a measurement of the length of the spring at ride height sitting on the ground. if you need to jack it up to get good access, put solid blocks under the tires and put the trucks weight back on them. jack stands in other places will not give true measurements. car ramps are good. just be safe about going under a truck.

These are a couple from my flareside which is stock for this purpose. This is also with stock size tires.

i had said earlier that the loaded height should be approx. 13" but obviously mine is not. i must have had unloaded measurement on my mind. I just measured another spring off the shelf, and it measured nearly 16". certainly, they don't compress 4"just sitting. I will measure the lowered truck tomorrow after the bedliner paint is dry.

i had said earlier that the loaded height should be approx. 13" but obviously mine is not. i must have had unloaded measurement on my mind. I just measured another spring off the shelf, and it measured nearly 16". certainly, they don't compress 4"just sitting. I will measure the lowered truck tomorrow after the bedliner paint is dry.

Cool I appreciate all your help. Hopefully this weekend is a little dryer and warmer and I could get back underneath the truck