Bullnose Forums

One wire alternator

Gsmblue

Ah! I thought it was an output from the voltage regulator to the dash, but it is the other way around!

Thanks Gary, as always invaluable help!

I will grab a mega fuse later on today and hopefully I can get this all wired in :)

Had to order the 175amp fuse holder online so I won't be finishing this until next week.

I will update my project thread then and link it to here to make sure it all gets closed out, just in case someone searches for such a topic in the future :)

Thanks for all the help as always!

Had to order the 175amp fuse holder online so I won't be finishing this until next week.

I will update my project thread then and link it to here to make sure it all gets closed out, just in case someone searches for such a topic in the future :)

Thanks for all the help as always!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, pics:

Starter relay, 175amp fuse and 1/0 wire going ti alternator.

Cleaned old harness and tapped up. Tucked out the way.

Shiny spinny thing

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

At first it looked like the red cable on the battery side of the starter solenoid just wrapped around on itself. But on closer examination I see that it goes to the fuse and there's a short positive cable to the battery.

I'll bet that charges quite well with that heavy cabling. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

At first it looked like the red cable on the battery side of the starter solenoid just wrapped around on itself. But on closer examination I see that it goes to the fuse and there's a short positive cable to the battery.

I'll bet that charges quite well with that heavy cabling. :nabble_smiley_good:

Correct. I had to be creative with the wiring routing and fuse placement. Took her for a nice cruise this morning. No light dimming, no subwoofer wobble/farting.

One step closer to summer readiness.