Bullnose Forums

Cowel vent cover [E0TZ-6002108-a] - NOS

I have never seen one of these before. I always thought if a truck didn't come with kick panel vents, they received the same kick panels as an A/C truck with the silver block off plate for the opening. Maybe this was the early version?

I've never seen it either, and can't find in the Light Trucks MPC. But the part number looks like it should be a heavy truck part as our covers are 1002108-A.

Yep:

80/ F600/800 - - w/o A/C E0TZ 6002108-A R.H.

83/ FT800/900 - - w/o A/C

I've never seen it either, and can't find in the Light Trucks MPC. But the part number looks like it should be a heavy truck part as our covers are 1002108-A.

Yep:

80/ F600/800 - - w/o A/C E0TZ 6002108-A R.H.

83/ FT800/900 - - w/o A/C

That would be why I've never seen it. Good to know it was a thing for those who might want to delete those vents without having to find new kick panels, although I'm sure these aren't exactly easy to find unless you have access to a heavy truck junkyard.

That's kinda neat. Even though they are for the medium duty trucks, that part would work in a Bullnose pickup just fine if you wanted to delete the factory kick-panel vents in a truck without AC. It would fit right in place.

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/kick-panels.html

I was going to assume it had something to do with adding dealer AC in a non AC truck until Gary posted the heavy truck part number reference.

That's kinda neat. Even though they are for the medium duty trucks, that part would work in a Bullnose pickup just fine if you wanted to delete the factory kick-panel vents in a truck without AC. It would fit right in place.

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/kick-panels.html

I was going to assume it had something to do with adding dealer AC in a non AC truck until Gary posted the heavy truck part number reference.

Should I add the HD truck part info to that webpage?

Should I add the HD truck part info to that webpage?

The only use I could see for it (being in the documentation section) is if somebody wanted to eliminate the vents without having to find new kick panels. So, I would probably only add info pertinent to that.