Bullnose Forums

Heater Blend Door - Alternate Design

Looks good gary, the difference is only where the screwdriver points. That got me too. "Did i take the same picture twice?" the second one points to the lower cluster screws but the screwdriver blended right in so you barely see it.

I will have to add, I had no part in designing that door. I am only a "beta tester" of sorts. Chris sent me one at cost to install and work out bugs. There were no bugs at all. Everything lined up perfectly. Our only real concern was fitment in different trucks and it being able to handle the heat.

I will admit I fell short on including pictures of the door itself. When I got to that point I was so excited I buzzed right into reassembly and forgot pictures. I am planning on buying another from chris and doing one of my other trucks as they all suffer from this problem. When I do that I will try to take some pictures of the box/door itself.

I did send chris a couple videos of operation before and after. It might be possible to snag a screenshot from the video.

BTW, I experienced frustration too trying to get them all rotated right. I wrote the entire post and then previewed and they were 90 degrees off. I simply used my image viewer to rotate them all the way around and saved them then erased the image src code from the post and re uploaded images. I did a little research and it seems to be some sort of code apple embeds in the images for rotation that this sight doesn't recognize.

I can send you original pictures if that will help. Also feel free to re-word if I didn't explain well or if you have anything to add.

Chris - Maybe you can think through how you want to sell them and then give me a link and I'll put it on the page. And you should explain what it comes with and without. We can update the page whenever we want.

James - I'll add that picture.

As for the pictures, modern cameras embed the camera's orientation in the metadata of the picture. Modern software reads that data and properly orients the picture before displaying it. But this forum, as well as most forums, doesn't read that data so doesn't re-orient the pics. In other words, it isn't Apple.

So for this forum I always open the pic in Photoshop and then save it properly oriented.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, go see what you think: Documentation/HVAC/Blend Door Repair.

I made the pictures smaller, but you can click on them to bring them up to full size. Does that work? That makes it easier to line the text up with the pictures.

But not all of the pics are exactly the same size, and I'm frustrated trying to make them equal. Thanks, Weebly!

Also, beneath "Remove the Phillips screws around the perimeter of the instrument cluster" there were two pics. But I only included the first one as I'm not seeing much difference. Did I miss something?

Last, it would be nice to have some pics of the door itself. And I'm pinging Chris to see if he wants to sell them. Or provide the 3D drawings. Or?

Since I have the old broken door, I might as well post pictures of it.

IMG_3753.jpg.152f37a9e544158c73b3514d00dd4929.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg.83950d0e7fa688235530c2700294c2c6.jpg

Chris - Maybe you can think through how you want to sell them and then give me a link and I'll put it on the page. And you should explain what it comes with and without. We can update the page whenever we want.

James - I'll add that picture.

As for the pictures, modern cameras embed the camera's orientation in the metadata of the picture. Modern software reads that data and properly orients the picture before displaying it. But this forum, as well as most forums, doesn't read that data so doesn't re-orient the pics. In other words, it isn't Apple.

So for this forum I always open the pic in Photoshop and then save it properly oriented.

Sure Gary, thanks for the offer. I will write something up and get it to you! It is up to you at the end of the day, but maybe I'll send it to you in HTML so it's already formatted etc.

I can embed HTML on the page, so it should work. :nabble_smiley_good:

Instead of making it difficult, I've documented everything I know of to this point. This is a rough draft that I will try to add pictures to as well, but this gist of it (which will be the shipping instruction sheet) is here for review:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14cTm0ch4kAb7OuphZw4G_-3VxWlo_ntvjl-rFzAq7zs/edit?usp=sharing

Gary and James, if you have feedback I can make you an editor if you wish to contribute.

I tried to strike a line between being pedantic with the details but giving a good mental walkthrough of the steps needed to someone that hasn't put one in before.

Instead of making it difficult, I've documented everything I know of to this point. This is a rough draft that I will try to add pictures to as well, but this gist of it (which will be the shipping instruction sheet) is here for review:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14cTm0ch4kAb7OuphZw4G_-3VxWlo_ntvjl-rFzAq7zs/edit?usp=sharing

Gary and James, if you have feedback I can make you an editor if you wish to contribute.

I tried to strike a line between being pedantic with the details but giving a good mental walkthrough of the steps needed to someone that hasn't put one in before.

Chris - It has been a long time since I did that process so I'm not really in a position to review the steps.

However, I think the door is only applicable to the factory-installed Integral A/C system. Right? If so then you should say that.

Also, the link doesn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Chris - It has been a long time since I did that process so I'm not really in a position to review the steps.

However, I think the door is only applicable to the factory-installed Integral A/C system. Right? If so then you should say that.

Also, the link doesn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm, that's odd. I normally don't share stuff in Google Docs, but I said to make it visible to anyone with the link. Try this link instead?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRGQd5t9Duvc-cPTHX_5Htp008XX9NWEk9yVLh2RF9-Y2WUZkzy6iuSfF1iif-aaOGobEwsfV3F3cDZ/pub

I'll update the document as well. Everyone else is welcome to chime in too, of course!

Hmm, that's odd. I normally don't share stuff in Google Docs, but I said to make it visible to anyone with the link. Try this link instead?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRGQd5t9Duvc-cPTHX_5Htp008XX9NWEk9yVLh2RF9-Y2WUZkzy6iuSfF1iif-aaOGobEwsfV3F3cDZ/pub

I'll update the document as well. Everyone else is welcome to chime in too, of course!

Sorry. I meant the link IN the document didn’t work. It didn’t take me to the write up. I got into the document just fine.

Chris, The door I received took #6 nylon lock Nuts. # 8 would bust the plastic.

Chris, The door I received took #6 nylon lock Nuts. # 8 would bust the plastic.

Thanks guys, I revised the document. Thanks for your feedback James, I need to track down a parts list I put on my PC somewhere. I'm afraid I may have cleaned it up lately...

Gary, I'm not sure why the link worked before but I just tried it and you are correct. Too weird.

Anyway, I've updated the URL shortener link and now the links seem tow work? You may need to refresh your browser after pulling the document up to make sure you have the latest.