Bullnose Forums

When cold is... COLD

Since now 20 days, weather is unusually VERY cold here. Day 0°F, night -20°F (often -31°F). Here's a picture of the interior 2 1/2" wood thick frosted doors, between "temperate" stable and "cold" barn sections. And one of the cats conviced that it is not worth looking for mice out of the iced pet flap door.

Although BigBrother is a tough guy and was already equipped with a block heater, he had its battery hard frozen (just one year old).

So, in a snow strom, I went buy a new one.

Plus a maintenance charger.

Plus a battery heater.

Hey. Comme on Cold Winter. We're ready now.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

E5505AC4-619F-48B2-B7BF-B679D0ED6CA3.jpeg.fe87627b6735926f374d51b09785f0ff.jpeg

0FBBE467-59E0-4DA2-9D93-A69F97D075ED.jpeg.12da5c5482e9d07fdb76b45a9f1e737c.jpeg

FB394C7E-9CD0-4BB1-8066-ED6F2584AC9E.jpeg.14e080bedfe7d163356cf14040242db2.jpeg

AA39E40F-89B2-445D-BDA6-8344E34062C4.jpeg.f3ca15e1ccc2f4626b3418cb3d7d0d13.jpeg

Wow! That's COLD!!!! :nabble_smiley_oh:

I've never had a frozen battery. But I guess -31F might do it. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Wow, that's crazy.

It was 26*F in sunny central Florida this morning. My buddy in southwest Florida couldn't get his 7.3 started quickly the last few mornings because he didn't think it was cold enough to need a block heater. He finally plugged it in last night, and the truck started right up this morning.

Wow, that's crazy.

It was 26*F in sunny central Florida this morning. My buddy in southwest Florida couldn't get his 7.3 started quickly the last few mornings because he didn't think it was cold enough to need a block heater. He finally plugged it in last night, and the truck started right up this morning.

That's cold, even by Minnesota standards! It's 0 here now (8:30 PM), heading for -17 tonight, and a sub-zero high tomorrow (I went for a run today, because it was a relatively balmy 10 above!). But it'll be in the 20s in a couple of days.

Although that, as well as the Green Bay / San Francisco game on Saturday, remind me that "The Frozen Tundra" of Lambeau Field is actually south of where I live. And most of Minnesota is north of me!

That's cold, even by Minnesota standards! It's 0 here now (8:30 PM), heading for -17 tonight, and a sub-zero high tomorrow (I went for a run today, because it was a relatively balmy 10 above!). But it'll be in the 20s in a couple of days.

Although that, as well as the Green Bay / San Francisco game on Saturday, remind me that "The Frozen Tundra" of Lambeau Field is actually south of where I live. And most of Minnesota is north of me!

this is exactly why I am not moving back north! i can't stand being frozen out for a week let alone a season. much of my family just deals with it in Maine. and I too have for short visits. it was 60 here today. need I say more?

Wow! That's COLD!!!! :nabble_smiley_oh:

I've never had a frozen battery. But I guess -31F might do it. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I would want nothing to do with that cold. I'm in Oklahoma and this is as far north as I ever want to live. Frankly, I'll take 100 degree heat any day over 32 degree weather.

this is exactly why I am not moving back north! i can't stand being frozen out for a week let alone a season. much of my family just deals with it in Maine.

I'm east of Maine, more or less. I'm right on the coast, and while we do most definitely get winter, we also get the Gulf Stream way up here. No snow on the ground right now, and it's currently -6C (22F). I hate the winter personally, but lots of my buddies like it (sled heads). I also don't like the heat all that much either...the humidity here is gross in the summer. I'd be pretty happy if it was 75F all year long lol.

this is exactly why I am not moving back north! i can't stand being frozen out for a week let alone a season. much of my family just deals with it in Maine.

I'm east of Maine, more or less. I'm right on the coast, and while we do most definitely get winter, we also get the Gulf Stream way up here. No snow on the ground right now, and it's currently -6C (22F). I hate the winter personally, but lots of my buddies like it (sled heads). I also don't like the heat all that much either...the humidity here is gross in the summer. I'd be pretty happy if it was 75F all year long lol.

there aint a whole lot "east of Maine". prince Edward island??