Bullnose Forum

Choke adjustments and Cheap Chinese carburetor WARNING

rcarlisle

When I restarted the truck, it ran smoothly again. Vacuum was steady again. Hoping the screw went on out thru the exhaust system. But yes valuable lesson learned.

can you imagine the odds of that little screw being beaten to death while bouncing around trying to get through the valve which is only opening 3/8' and not ever being still while open? That would take a lot of luck and a lot of air flow!

can you imagine the odds of that little screw being beaten to death while bouncing around trying to get through the valve which is only opening 3/8' and not ever being still while open? That would take a lot of luck and a lot of air flow!

OK so where the heck is it???!!!! :nabble_smiley_angry: IF I hear it again, I will be removing plugs and sticking my magnet down the hole. I'm pretty sure it went down the driver's side bank from the noise location.

And this comes to mind. I used to work on a local street stock race car. We had a roller rocker come completely apart one morning in practice. Back at shop, we pulled the motor, pulled the oil pan and found all but like 3 of the little needle bearings. Called the engine builder, who was a gruff old SOB. HE said

"RUN THE DAMN THING! IT'LL EITHER LIVE OR IT WON'T!" I'm kinda there now.

It's quit making noise and was running right last time I started it after all this. Apparently the throttle plates got all in the right place to work correctly one last time. I think they had been bouncing around causing my random idle issues that I was blaming on general Chinese-ness of the carb.

OK so where the heck is it???!!!! :nabble_smiley_angry: IF I hear it again, I will be removing plugs and sticking my magnet down the hole. I'm pretty sure it went down the driver's side bank from the noise location.

And this comes to mind. I used to work on a local street stock race car. We had a roller rocker come completely apart one morning in practice. Back at shop, we pulled the motor, pulled the oil pan and found all but like 3 of the little needle bearings. Called the engine builder, who was a gruff old SOB. HE said

"RUN THE DAMN THING! IT'LL EITHER LIVE OR IT WON'T!" I'm kinda there now.

It's quit making noise and was running right last time I started it after all this. Apparently the throttle plates got all in the right place to work correctly one last time. I think they had been bouncing around causing my random idle issues that I was blaming on general Chinese-ness of the carb.

Randy, you can get a cheap endoscope off Amazon to look in those cylinders. Gary has one and I bought a similar model, though I can't reference it here. Think Gary did a review on his.

I'm looking at the endoscope. Had a hard time finding the screws. Have some to pick up in the morning. We'll see if they are correct

Oh man, that sucks.

I have a similar scope of Amazon, very useful.

I have an edelbrock 1406 carb that came with my Bronco, it was rebuilt by the previous owner and “never worked right”. I switched out for a new one, if you want the old one I would be happy to send it to you for the cost of shipping. It will need to be rebuilt, I have no idea what is up with it.. I can send pics etc…

Oh man, that sucks.

I have a similar scope of Amazon, very useful.

I have an edelbrock 1406 carb that came with my Bronco, it was rebuilt by the previous owner and “never worked right”. I switched out for a new one, if you want the old one I would be happy to send it to you for the cost of shipping. It will need to be rebuilt, I have no idea what is up with it.. I can send pics etc…

the 1406 being a four bbl won't work. he is staying with a two barrel at this time.

the 1406 being a four bbl won't work. he is staying with a two barrel at this time.

Yep. I just looked it up and saw same. I like the Autolite theory of operation and the chinese carb is a very close replica with enough changes to get by patent/trademark/copyright.