Bullnose Forums

Show Planning - Classes & Trophies

That wouldn't be good memories at all.

Mine are much better. I heard Red Rubber Ball yesterday and commented to Janey that my memories of that song are sitting in a cafe in Goodland with my father and my brother as we took a break from hunting pheasant. I played that song on the juke box, so it would have been in the fall of '66. Sitting outside would have been my '58 Bel Air.

Another remembrance from that trip was my return trip to Manhattan, KS. I was in engineering school at Kansas State and had traveled what we now know as the back roads of Kansas to get there. On the way back I stopped at a restaurant in a little town and asked what all of the road construction was. I was told that it was I-70, and while the construction was done it hadn't been opened yet. But the locals were using it and that I should as well. I did, and assuming that the highway patrol wasn't going to be there I "cruised". (That car cruised easily above 100.) Made really good time back to school. :nabble_smiley_evil:

One of my memories is walking to a little diner in the snow [it was very cold] and finding that many of the vehicles were left with engines running while the owners ate!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic